- sixteen -

.:: chapter sixteen - pristine ::.

🌻🌾🌻

It amazed Joshua at how Tyler was quick to forget about everything that happened days prior. Here he was clad in only Joshua's large hoodie and a pair of panties hidden underneath, while standing on a stepping stool to help Sophia bake cookies. The pink haired boy wasn't necessarily happy about the fact that his mother was being so nice with the younger boy around, but he'd rather have her occupied and quiet, than whiny and constantly following his every move.

"Joshie! Me and Sophia made some cookies." The brunet giggled, dimples on display while they sucked in a few freckles to stand out. "This one is a heart made especially for you." He added bashfully, stepping off the stepping stool to place the cookie against Joshua's lips.

"It's good I promise." Tyler egged on, wanting the older boy to taste the treats he had been working so very hard on.

Sophia watched her son look so peacefully at the feminine boy she grew to love. His eyes weren't dull when he looked at him, they were filled with a feeling that she though he would never feel. Love. She knew Josh wouldn't admit it to himself quite yet, but she wanted to be there to help him through it when it got to that point. A smile was present on her face as she watched her son softly place a kiss onto Tyler's lips, then his cheeks, and lastly his forehead. The heavenly sound of the brunet's giggles overwhelming her heart, and making her feel bad.

Hearing what his mom did to him, made Sophia think about her actions with Josh. She should've never ignored him all those years. She should've been there, she should've helped him when he fell down the pit of depression and cried over his anxiety, she should've been a better mom. Sophia knew what she did was messed up, but it was time for her to fix her mistakes. Even if that meant leaving her husband behind.

Just at that moment of thought, Tyler's older sister walked in with a shocked expression on her face. Tyler's eyes filled with worry as he rushed over to his sister, his hands taking ahold of hers.

"Is everything okay?" He sweetly asked, pure doe-like brown eyes staring into similar ones.

"Yeah ty, I'm fine. But I think we should go have a chat with dad." She trailed off, looking between Sophia and Josh who were just as confused as Tyler.

Letting out a nervous whimper, Tyler walked backwards into Joshua's chest. "Is he gonna be like mom?" He asked, fear appearing in the tone of his voice.

Smiling sadly cara shook her head. "No baby brother, he'll never be like mom. Dad is sweet, and caring, and he's going to help us but we need to go talk to him. Josh you're able to come with if you want." She said before taking off up the stairs to the guest room to grab her things.

Tomorrow Cara was leaving for college, but before she went, she wanted to make sure her bother would be safe and cared for.

"Jishwa, can I still wear your hoodie. I like how it's big on me, 's very warm and cuddly." Tyler shyly asked, jutting out his bottom lip to blow air up onto his face, moving a small strand of hair with a giggle.

"Of course Bambi. You look better in it than I ever could anyways." He said, walking over to the brunet to give him a chaste kiss.

🌾

"What do you think your dad wants?" Josh asked.

"It's not what he wants, it's what he's about to tell us. It will either break Tyler, or make him extremely happy." Cara spoke, watching as the innocent boy in front of her skipped up the path to the hotel their father was staying in.

"Daddy!" He yelled, running over to hug his father with a bright smile.

"Hi munchkin, how have you been?" Charlie asked, kissing his sons cheek and letting him go, awaiting for the boys answer.

"Besides mama being mean to me, I've been okay. Joshie and Cara helped me." He said enthusiastically, running back over to Josh, to hold his hand.

Charlie looked at the boy next to his pure son, knowing exactly who he was and feeling a sort of protection wash over him. A fathers instinct.

"Hurt him Dun, and I'm coming after you. I'm not like Ruth, I don't care if you date my son, but I do care if you hurt him." Charlie informed, and Tyler had to admit, this was a reaction he was hoping for. Not the one he got from his mom.

"So you had something to tell us... well Tyler." Cara spoke, smiling encouragingly at her father, and pulling him into a side hug.

"Ugh, yeah actually I do, but can we do this in my hotel room instead of the lobby?" He asked. Cara and Tyler both nodded and followed their father to the elevators.

The brunet stood close to Josh, throwing the pink haired boys arm over his shoulder and snuggling up into his side. The older boy smiled down at the feminine boy and let his lips linger on his temple. A gracious smile formed on Tyler's face, neither boys noticing the two other figures watching them cuddle up into each other.

As soon as the group were out of the elevator and into Charlie's hotel room, Charlie began to talk.

"Tyler, I've already told Cara everything, but there's something I need to tell you." He started, looking down at the ground nervously and restlessly moving his hands together.

"What is it?" He asked with a smile.

"Well for starters, I know what your mom did to you and I'm so very sorry I wasn't there to help you, i would've never wished that upon you... and we'll I'm divorcing your mom, Tyler." Charlie said, watching the smile on his sons face drop instantly.

He knew his mom had hurt him but he didn't want to be the reason for his father separating from his mother. That was never his intentions.

"N-no, it's okay I forgive mom. D-don't divorce her because of me." He said, gulping frequently to keep the tears from spilling. Josh moved to wrap his hand around Tyler's waist.

"That's not the only reason I'm divorcing her Tyler." Charlie adds.

The brunet looked confusedly between his sister and father but before he could ask what the reason was, Charlie spoke out, shocking Joshua and Tyler.

"I'm gay... well bisexual." He said. "I recently met this guy named Travis, and I think you'd really like him Tyler. I just couldn't see myself with your mom after I met him, I was confused, and unhappy, then after I heard what your mother did to you, I couldn't stay with her anymore." He explained.

Tyler let out a choked sob of happiness and got up to hug his father tightly. Droplets of water spilling from his eyes down onto his dads shirt, sniffling his nose ever moment or so.

"I'd love to meet him." The youngest Joseph whispered, causing Charlie to smile.

🌻🌾🌻

Unedited.
happy plot twist? i think soooo. get ready to meet travis maybe next chapter since cara will be leaving possibly next chapter as well.

goodness, things are kinda turning up, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily over.

|-/ shay xx