- twenty three -

.:: chapter twenty three - serene ::.

🌻🌾🌻

Travis and Charlie were bringing in buckets of multicolored paint. Charlie wanted to paint the house with dark dreamy colors, while Travis wanted to go with nude creamy colors to really light up the house. Tyler, had been on Travis' side, while Joshua had been on Charlie's.

"Battle of the boyfriends!" Tyler squealed with a giggle, hugging Travis' as the males dark raven hair fell over his grey eyes slightly. A pair of glasses placed upon his pale nose.

"I think we should go darker, like a not to dark brown and then have a lighter trim." Charlie playfully shouted, laughing afterwards.

"I agree." Josh said, high-fiving the older man that was actually enjoying his company.

"I say that we go with a cream color, and then maybe a light dark brown trim." Tyler playfully rolled his eyes as he spoke, his arms dropping from around Travis' to cross over his chest.

"But that's too light." Charlie whined like a child making Tyler giggle some more.

"Were going with nude creamy colors, and that's final." Travis said with a smile.

"What why?" Charlie asked.

"Because daddy, we actually can match our outfits from head to toe including accessories, while you two throw on whatever you find on the floor." Tyler said with a funny expression, laughing when both of them gasped at the same time.

"Hey, I color coordinate myself... sometimes." Josh mumbled, Tyler skipped over to his boyfriend and wrapped his arms around his waist.

"I know you do, but I'm an artist so I know what's best when it comes to paint." He shrugged, kissing Joshua's jaw before helping Travis open up a can of cream colored paint.

"Boy's." Charlie and Josh groaned, sharing a similar look with a quiet chuckle.

🌾

As Charlie and Joshua finished painting a few spots upstairs, Travis and Tyler stood in the kitchen rolling out homemade cookie doe. Flour dusted both of their cheeks, and smiles appearing on both of their faces.

"So, Travis. You love my dad?" Tyler asked as he used a cutting knife to cut shapes out of the cookie dough. His eyes glancing into Travis' grey ones every now and then.

A deep red blush coated Travis' pale cheeks as he rolled out the peanut butter cookies they had made together.

"I really do." He smiled lovingly.

"Good. My dad deserves to be happy again, mama wasn't doing anything to make daddy happy, and that was very sad. But then when I met you in that hotel room, I saw him smile at someone who wasn't me or Cara for the first time in a long time." Tyler explained, his a smile appearing without his knowledge as he placed the cut cookies onto the pan.

"He deserves the world. He's always been so accepting of me, never judged me for my preferences, never yelled at me, and never hurt me. He's like the male version of Cara, and he's my best friend." The brunet spoke as happy tears welled up in his eyes.