- nine -

.:: chapter nine - pulchritudinous ::.

🌻🌾🌻

The reminder that went off in Tyler's head was bad enough to make him cry. Today was Thursday, next week on the same day, Cara would be leaving to get situated into college, and as much as Tyler wanted to be happy for her, he couldn't. He knew that this is what Cara really wanted and he wanted it for her, but what was he supposed to do without his older sister?

She was his best friend.

He sniffled quietly beneath his blankets, before pushing them off of him and getting ready for the day. He shouldn't spend the day crying over his sisters departure when it hasn't happened yet. Right now, he needs to spend as much time with her as he can before she does leave.

Throwing on an oversized sweater, and some skinny jeans, Tyler grabbed a matching flower crown and headed to Cara's room. Knocking twice he waited for her to shout "come in." Before he attempted to step through her doorway.

Once he hears the familiar call, he smiles and opens the door. She was sitting against her headboard, a coffee mug held between both her hands as she read something off her computer. Her glasses around her brown eyes, falling slightly from the angle she was looking down at. Cara smiled when she saw her younger brother, and pushed up her glasses with her pinkie before taking a sip of the hot beverage in the cup.

"Hey little brother." She cheerfully said, waving the boy to take a seat on her bed. "What's up, bub?" She asked.

"Can we do something together today. I really wanna spend time with you before you leave." He mumbled with a frown. The older brunette jutted her lower lip out in a pout and bopped Tyler's cute little nose.

"Of course we can. Been wanting to take you out anyways." She said with a chuckle. Tyler smiled which caused Cara to smile too.

Just being in the presence of the small boy, was enough to light up anybody's day. Tyler was just so pure, and every time he spoke, giggled, and smiled, it felt like the world was at peace once again.

"Let me get my shoes on and I'll take you to go on an adventure." Cara said with a raise of her eyebrows. Tyler giggled and threw a plush pillow at her.

"Hurry up, 'm gonna get impatient." He said, sticking his tongue out at his sister when she did the same thing.

"Of course you would little man." She said, playfully rolling her eyes as she slipped on her white converse, matching the shoes Tyler had on. She grabbed her keys off the bedside table and looked at Tyler expectingly. "Well lets go she chuckled."

With a smile, Tyler was quickly up and rushing down the stairs to the garage. He rarely ever got to go out places in public, and when he did it was for a very short time. Unlike his parents, Cara warned him about the dangers of life and what could happen if he went outside because she didn't want him to grow up knowing nothing at all.

Cara didn't agree with their parents way of keeping Tyler pure. She knew that if they were to keep him away from everything, as soon as he ran into a problem it would effect him a lot harder than it would if he knew about it. So yeah she told him about how mean people could be, and how most people didn't agree with the way he dressed and the way he acted, and yeah he may have cried a few times but now he was stronger than he was before. The older brunette saw it as a way to protect her younger brother.