iii. ━━ a parade from hell

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS  
»»————- act one. uneven odds
THREE ━━ a parade from hell

she wears strenght and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half godess half hell

darkness equally well,
the girl has always been half
godess half hell

nikita gill

ONCE ERIN ARRIVED AT THE CAPITOL SHE WAS BOMBARDED by a multitude of bight colors; people clambered around, waving and screaming out to them as the train slowed, pulling into the station. She and Finnick stood right next to each other, refusing to smile or wave back, refusing to even acknowledge any of the people around them.

The Capitol had betrayed them. They were promised a safe, better life after winning the Hunger Games, but now they were back, expected to fight to the death once again. The tributes, the victors—they were all just pawns in President Snow's game of chess. They were unimportant. They were replaceable.

Erin Benton wasn't going to show the Capitol anything but utter distaste. She was more than just a piece in someone else's game, and she was as sure as hell going to show it.

As soon as the two District 4 victors—or rather, tributes again—arrived in the new training center, they were split up in a frenzy to get prepared for the opening parade. They were one of the last districts to arrive, so they were rushed off in a hurry.

Erin was waiting quietly inside one of the preparation rooms for her stylist. She wasn't particularly looking forward to any of Capitol's excessive tradition, but she had to endure it all the same.

Soon, three other people joined her; it was the same prepping team that had worked on her in her original games.

They were all very friendly and bubbly, but Erin couldn't stand the fact that these people enjoyed the games. They looked forward to them. Her teams chattered on about the games, gushing about how every was going to adore her. In Erin's opinion, it didn't matter; twenty-three respected victors would be dead in a month's time.

After they worked their so-called 'magic' on Erin, she was ushered on to the chariots. Here, she was to be shown as a prize possession—something that her family and friends back home should be proud of.

Erin slowly walked inside the hall alongside Finnick, her head held high even as the other tributes turned to see their entrance. She wasn't going to show any sign of weakness or fear.