xv. ━━ wicked games

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act one. uneven odds
FIFTEEN ━━ wicked games

you can't kill the spirit of the lionhearted

of the lionhearted

erin van vuren

ERIN SAT ON THE SAND WITH THE OTHER TRIBUTES, close to the forest line. Her hair was still damp from her near death experience and her eyes were wide an alert. The only that made her heartbeat slow down was Finnick's hand interwined with hers.

She caught Johanna's stare and for the first time since she saw her in the arena she gave her a genuine smile.

she had previously been sulking in self pity and that was not an option. Not then and especially not now. Every single one of them couln't afford to do that.

"So besides Brutus and Enboria, who's left?" Katniss spoke up, glancing around the group.

"Maybe Chaff. Just those three." Peeta suggested, glancing around.

Erin nodded slowly, still deep in tought as she casted her gaze towards the small waves in the water a couple feet away from them and she swallowed thickly.

Beside her Finnick gave her hand a reasuring squeeze before speaking up. "They know they're outnumbered, I doubt they'll attack again. We're safe here on the beach."

"So what do we do?" Johanna asked impatiently. "Hunt em' down?"

Erin casted her gaze towards Beetee when she saw that he was about to share something with the group or what was left of it. He scanned each one of them with his eyes, but Erin noticed they didn't twinkle the same anymore since Wiress had been brutally murdred and she assumed that her death was taking a rather large toll on him.

But before he could open his mouth to voice his toughts, their quiet moment of planning was disturbed by a shrill voice that sounded through the jungle and Katniss head snapped up.

"Katniss, help me!"

"Prim!" Katniss stood up so abruptly as she dashed into the woods, disappearing behind several thick bushes.

Erin was quick to scramble to her feet when another shout was heard and her eyes widened at the plea for help that echoed through the woods

"Erin, please help! Erin!"

Without looking back Erin rushed inside the jungle, only one thing on her mind and that was Alex. She couldn't bare the thought of him getting hurt because of her.

"No! Katniss, Erin!" She vaguely heard Finnick's call out behind her followed by rushed footsteps.

Everything around her was just a blur of different kinds of green and brown as she followed the screams of her brother with only one thing on her mind.

Her eyes frantically searched for the source of the shouts and she stopped in the middle of a small open spot beside Katniss. The two girls stood side by side as they desperatly looked for their shouting sibling.

It hit her like a punch in the gut when she realised what was happening around them. Erin's gaze was fixed on one of the jabberjays flying circles around them and she watched as Katniss aimed her bow before shooting the two birds down.

Erin sighed as the screamed faded and silence overtook the jungle again and she swiftly walked over towards the two dead birds, not noticing Finnick enter the small clearing.

"Katniss?!" Finnick exclaimed when he found the girl standing in the middle of the clearing. "Are you okay?" He asked while searching for Erin. "Where's Erin?" He questioned when his gaze settled on the dark haired girl.

Katniss opened her mouth to answer when Erin shouts of agony sounded through the air.
"Finnick!

His head snapped up as he dashed towards where he tought the sound came from while Katniss tried to stop him. "No Finnick, that't not her."

"Erin!" He ignored her running off while Katniss followed closely behind him.

From a couple feet away Erin's eyes widened as she heard her own shrill voice followed by Finnick's screaming and she shot up from her crouched position just in time to see Katnis disappear.

Erin could hear different voices in the distance, her own high-pitched voice being one of them. Her eyes widened as she ran towards the direction of the noise only to run into a glass wall.

She fell back to the ground only to see Katniss and Finnick re-appear in the distance a flock of jabberjays chasing them.

Both didn't see the wall that was there and ran straight into it and Erin flinched when she watched Finnick crash against it, crushing his nose in the process, but he didn't stop pounding against the invisble force seperating them.

Erin did the same as she pouned against the glass, trying, hoping that by some kind of miracle the glass would break, but of course that was not going to happen and she couldn't do anything but wait as she watched Finnick grip his ears and shut his eyes tightly as the minutes ticked by.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬