xxxiii. ━━ farewells

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act two. fan the flames
THIRTY THREE ━━ farewells

a flawless sky sunk into the sand, a mind clouded with flames

a mind clouded with flames

unknown

      ERIN'S POSTURE WAS STRAIGHT AS SHE STOOD IN line with all the other tributes rescued from the arena, each watching the promo video of Katniss Everdeen or now known by most as the Mockingjay. Her brown hair was put into a neat ponytail and her face was cleaned from the ash and dust that sticked to her face like a second skin, but they couldn't wash the memory of tge previous events away and the brunette could still see the flickering flames of district eight when she closed her eyes. The destruction and screams, the smoke that clouded her vision and the heath of the flames escaping from the collapsed hospitle. All the innocent men, women and children burned to nothing more than ash, their hope got them killed and Erin hated it.

     And now watching the clip made her heart ache as she stood next to Finnick, the only district four victors who escaped Snow's clutches when they were rescued by District Thirteen with the help of Plutarch, while the others suffered a far worse fate inside the Capitol that Erin couldn't imagine. Her hand held tightly on to Finnick's, neither wanting the other to let go, fearing that once they did the other would disappear into thin air. Like their life depeneded on the grip, a lifeline to reassure each other everything was okay for now. That everything would be alright.

     Applause erupted from the citizens of district Thirteen when the clip came to an end, breaking Erin's thoughts as the brunette looked back up at the screen displaying the video, a simple mockingjay pin engulved in flames stared back at her, the words join the fight ringing in her head.

     Join the fight.

     Because we just lost a battle.

     Join the fight.

     But we can still win the war.

      Fight. Fight. Fight.

      It was all they would know for a long time. And it would be something no one would ever forget as long as they would life.

     Everyone knew the risks of the rebellion that sparked to life because of one girl. Because of one person taking a stand. The risks of fighting against someone with better weapons, more soldiers, more power.