xxxvi. ━━ the hanging tree

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act two. fan the flames
THIRTY SIX ━━ the hanging tree

 fan the flamesTHIRTY SIX ━━ the hanging tree

you can't stop a revolution,
only inflame it

one republic

    SITTING THERE IN THAT BEAUTIFUL QUARRY FELT completly wrong in Erin's head as she sat silently by herself a little while away from the others close by the crystal clear water.

     After witnessing the destruction inflicted by the Capitol an aching was left in her heart. Would the Capitol do this to all the districts if they even showed a bit of support for the rebellion?

    She didn't know but there was that nagging voice in the back of her head saying you know they will. You know they'll destroy everything.

    Moments like this were the ones she wished Finnick was by her side, just being there would have eased her nerves. A linger touch to show her that he was there was all she wishes for at that moment as she stared at the clear water in front of her.

    No one was talking, it was completly silent expect for the occasion birds cheerping and the whistling of the wind arouns them. No one really knew what to say after seeing district twelve in ruins.

    The brunette slowly lifted her metal cantin to her lips, savoring the cold water as she took smal sips. And if she closed her eyes she could picture herself sitting on the beach back in district four on a hot summer day, just doing nothing with Alex and Finnick by her side.

    But Erin opened her eyes again, and came face to face with the quiet quarry. She was not back in her home district and she wonderes if she would ever set foot there again.

    The brunette woman turned her head when whistling sound and she looked where Katniss sat with Pollox. It appeared the ex-avox made the whistling as a mockingjay stood upon a rock behind them.

     And like that the quietness was repaces by the sound of mockingbirds singing and repeating the action. And Erin smiled as she listened in wonder, a serene moment that no one could take from them, not even Snow.

    Because even if Katniss wouldn't be able to win, someone else would take over. Just how the mockinjaya echoed the sound. They could take away the face of the rebellion but they could never take away the dream.

    Erin watched curiously as Pollox pointed to his mouth and made some gestures that Katnissed understood after a moment. "You want me to sing?" She asked unsure.