xi. ━━ sacrificial throwbacks

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS  
»»————- act one. uneven odds
ELEVEN ━━ sacrificial throwbacks

my blood is a fluid of rubies, precious stones

rubies, precious stones

lorde

ERIN'S EYES WERE WIDE AS SHE STARED AT THE creatures gaining the attention of the others who followed her line of sight. Their eyes too widened.

Erin slowly reached for her katana and Katniss did the same with her bow, grabbing an arrow.

Her eyes stared in the hungry yellow one's of one of the many creatures sitting in the trees. She slowy sat up and she could see Finnick adjust the trident in his hands from the corner of her eye.

"Peeta?" Katniss said as calmly as possible in the situation the found themselves in.

"Yeah?" He turned around, oblivious to the monkeys that surrounded them.

"Walk over here solwy."

Peeta turned his head back for a second and came face to face with one of the mutts, which bared his teeth at him and growled.

Peeta slowly retrieded backwards and the monkeys followed after him. Erin did the same with Finnick and they both walked closer to Katniss.

Erin could feel her heart beating against her ribcage when the creatures came closer, creating some sort of circle around them, giving them no clear path to escape.

"Get to the beach." Katniss told them.

And just like that the creatures started to attack them. Erin had never seen animals move so fast, they slide down vines and leaped impossible distance from tree to tree. They exploded into a shrieking mess of furr and bared fangs.

Katniss was waving her bow around trying to keep them away from her and from the corner of her eye she could she one of the monkeys leap at katniss from behind. She raised her katana quickly stabbing the mutt.

Katniss gave her a nod of appreciation before shooting at the monkeys. Erin could see Finnick stab multiple monkeys with his trident and Peeta tried to keep them away with his machete.

Every strike counted in that moment as they sliced, stabbed and shot the creatures. She could see them closing in on them and the four tributes stood back to back, protecting each other.

Erin screamed when one of the monkeys claws caught her leg, making her fall down into the water. She struggled to keep it away while holding her breath.

She could barley see anything apart from its face as it snapped at her, but suddenly all movements stopped and she could she three sharped points through its body.

She wad pulled up by Finnick who dragged her to the side and out of the water, she could see Peeta pull Katniss up too, who seemed to had been in the same predictment as her only seconds ago.

"We need to go to the beach." Peeta shouted.

Everyone ran through the thick jungle, avoiding branches and trees, trying not to slip. It was a blur of green colors as Erin ran towards the beach, the loud animalistic growls of monkeys not far behind.

Erin watched with wide eyes as Katniss and Peeta were tackled to the ground and the mutt stood in front of Peeta who was defendless without a weapon and just as she was about to rush to his aid, someone jumped from behind Peeta and protected him.

The morphling was pushed to the ground by the monkey and Peeta reacted quickly and stabbed it.

Erin raised her katana when one of the mutts approached her with bared fangs, growling at her. It leaped at her with such speed that she was knocked down to the ground again. She struggled to keep it away, but she managed to kick it hard. The monkey flew away from her and landed a couple feet away with a loud thud.

She stumbled to her feet before lifting her katana and killing it instantly.

"Who's that?" Katniss asked as Peeta pushed the Monkey of her body. The morphling was struggling to breath, gasping for air.

"A morphling. Help me get her." Peeta shouted and Katniss helped him drag her away.

Erin and Finnick tried to hold the mutts off as the district twelve tributes rushed away with the morphling. Finnick hit the monkey, forcing them away, before he grabbed Erin's hand dragging her with him.

The two tributes fell down when one monkey leaped at Finnick and they rolled down the beach. Both raised their weapons threatingly, but they didn't leave the forest line.

Erin eyes darted toward Peeta and Katniss when a cannon sounded through the darkning sky. She frowned when she saw that the morphling who saved Peeta had died.

A small sob escaped her mouth and Finnick pulled her into a comforting hug, rubbing his hand in small circles over her back.

In moments like this she just cared to much about people and that was dangerous when a revolution was growing.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬