l. ━━ all must end

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act three. from the ashes
FIFTY ━━ all must end

please give away the end, tell me it is us

perry poetry

DESPITE THE HER ACHING LIMBS AND THE SHEER EXHAUSTION COURSING THROUGH HER BODY. ERIN CAN'T FALL ASLEEP, tucked away  in a cold and damp corner with Finnick's head resting in the crook of her neck. She envies how easily the man can still fall asleep, even as a child, Erin couldn't fall asleep anywhere beside her own bed. When she was little, she used to share her room with Alex, the two sharing a rather large bed that was almost falling apart under their combined weight. And after the Games, even her own bed didn't feel as comfortable and safe as it used to. Maybe it was because she didn't share the space with her brother next to her anymore, or maybe it were the horror flashing behind closed eylids. But Finnick looked peaceful as he slept, mouth slightly parted and breathing evenly.

"Katniss, it's yout watch." Lieutenant Jackson whispered softly, passing the raven haired woman on her way to get some rest too. She nodded silently, gathering her gear and started to carefully creep around the sleeping bodies of her team until she reached the opening that led back into the lower part of the sewer.

"Hey." Erin greeted softly, her own eyes already looking outside the round hole in the wall.

"Hey..." Katniss  blinked in surprise not expecting anyone else to be up. "Shouldn't you be asleep?"

"Probably." Erin sighs, eyes traveling back to her sleeping husband nestled in her side and she laced her fingers through his. "Sleep doesn't come that easily anymore, but you know all about that."

Katniss doesn't reply to her and instead focuses her gaze outside their little hideout but she is quickly distracted by a seemingly sleeping Peeta across from her.

"You know," Erin starts again, "The two of you will get through this. You two have been through so much together and stayed by each other's sides. When this is all over, the two of you deserve to finally be happy." She says earnestly.

Katniss debates her next words carefully, and hesitates momuntarily and Erin can see the struggle in the younger woman's eyes as clear as day.

"I never deserved him." She admits after a moment, finally looking away from Peeta to look at Erin. "I never gave him a second look back at twelve. Couldn't care less about the baker's son who gave me a piece of bread that he shouldn't have given.