lii. ━━ icarus closing in

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act three. from the ashes
FIFTY TWO ━━ icarus closing in

In the end I do care, and I'll never stop and if this is how it ends do your utmost to remember that I love you

stop and if this is how it ends do your
utmost to remember that I love you

unknown

     ERIN HAD NO CONCEPT OF TIME ANYMORE AS SHE SAT BESIDE FINNICK IN THE DIMLY LIT BASEMENT, THE MAN'S FINGERS LACED WITH HERS AS CRESSIDA STITCHED UP THE WOUNDS in her leg with a knowledgable precision. A quiet hiss escaped her lips as the blonde woman finished up the last suture before tying it.

"It should hold for now," Cressida looked up at the woman with a small smile, "Just try to not rip them anytime soon alright."

Erin chuckled in pure exhaustion, pain coursing through her whole body as she let her head fall on Finnick shoulder and closing her eyes. "I'll try my best." She breathed out the promise, but with their current situation, the outlook wasn't that ideal.

"Good." Cressida nodded, dusted off her hands on her pants before standing back up to attend to the wound on Pollux' arm that luckily had stopped bleeding so badly.

The brunette noticed Katniss laying on her side, eyes shut but she knew the girl was still awake as Peeta and Gale quietly conversed about her, but before they could continue their conversation, loud rumbling resounded from above them as the walls started to shake and Erin inhaled sharply, sitting up a bit straighter. Finnick's hand already loosened from her own, and instead traveled up to her back, trying to support her.

"Mortal shells." Gale speaks out loud in realisation, brows creasing together, "They're not ours. Peacekeepers must be shellin' the rebels outside the city."

"That's not outside the city." Cressida shakes her head in denial and the weight of what is happening starts to sink in.

"We have to prepare." Erin manages to get out as she stands up, stumbling slightly on her injured legs before regaining footing as Finnick's supports her, but the word resonate with the others as they all stand up to gather their weapons and ammunition.

"I don't think you should be doing anything at all Erin." Finnick whispers in her ear as the girl tries to go and pick up one of the leftover guns.

"I have to." Erin argues, looking up at the man she loves with her whole heart. "I almost lost you today, and for a moment I actually though I had. And that feeling, that pain, I can't go through that again." Tears are welling up inside her eyes and the blonde man graps her head in his hands, pulling her closer. "I can't stay back and wait, I'll worry myself to death. We've come this far together Finnick, and I am not ready to give up yet."