2. association and hacking

Soon as the bell goes I'm rushing out of the classroom and into the hallways

Soon as the bell goes I'm rushing out of the classroom and into the hallways. That was my last physics lesson with the demon known as Mrs Johnson. I don't usually talk about teachers horribly or even judge them based on anything but this one, she makes me want to shove pens in my ears.

Her voice draws out and is high pitched not to mention the dreadful way she dresses. Mrs Johnson reminds me of a house wife in the sort of old school dresses she would wear with her hair pinned in a bun daily, bright red lipstick that stood out against her wrinkly skin. It isn't just that, thanks to Aaron being a little brat in Grade 9 she hates me.

By being related to him, I was expected to be exactly the same as him and she hated me on the assumption. Anything, any tiny little thing I did, I got in trouble for. I once got a lunch time detention for accidentally knocking my stool over because I got spooked by a spider. Anything that has more legs than me is a no go, so I couldn't help but jump from the creature.

Instead, we have a new teacher that's just out of university. Half the girls were fawning and asking for physical details about him which kinda made me nauseous. I don't care, as long as the teacher is decent and won't hold anything against me like the she devil did.

Turning the corner I look up to see Aaron standing at his locker but he isn't alone. Infront of him is Grayson who is leaning against his locker doing god knows what to my cousin who looks annoyed. My pace slows down and I come to a stop, getting a few bumps from people rushing past me.

It's when Aaron unexpectedly grabs him by his collar and slams him into his locker that I snap out of it. My hand latches onto his shoulder tugging hard, he looks down at me for a second and lets him go. Grayson just laughs as Aaron repeatedly clenches and unclenches his fist.

I know Aaron and he doesn't have a short temper, he has put up with him for almost three years and I don't see why he just snapped now like that. He slams his locker shut and walks away leaving me with Grayson who is grinning, waving to me mockingly before I chase after my cousin.

"Aaron! Slow down," I manage to catch his wrist as he shrugs me off with a gritted jaw. "What's wrong? What did he say?"

"Is there something you aren't telling me?" I raise an eyebrow at him as he furrows his. "Are you and Grayson dating? Because he sure as hell implied it."

"No, we aren't dating. Never have nor will we," I cross my arms over my chest feeling confused. "We ran into each other literally yesterday, he was rude but that's it."

"God he annoys me. I don't know how he knew, knows that we're really close to one another. But hearing him talk like that pissed me right off." I shrug and adjust my bag strap on my shoulder.

"Well it doesn't matter. Calm your farm because it won't happen," He rubs his face and takes a deep breath. The halls are almost empty and quiet as the anger radiating from him is slowly fading away. "I've been burnt once before and I don't want that again."