25. dating the troublemaker

"Are you coming tonight?" Aaron asks, watching as I search the library for a specific book.

The book isn't even for me, it's for Ella so she can write up a report on the influence media has on socialisation. I don't really know why but that's all I was told. While she was squirming in Community and Family Studies, I've currently got a free period so she sent me a text asking for it. I grab the spine of the book and face Aaron.

"Yeah. I always come as you know," He nods and we walk to the librarians desk. "Who are you playing tonight?"

"Declan's school. So it should be a good game, next week however, it's rival time. Have you spoken to Jacob lately?" I freeze, not bothering to look at him.

He doesn't know. I haven't told him what's happened or that his friends are still attacking me for being a slut. Great how that works isn't it? But when you think about it, they aren't wrong of accusing me of being one. Except, I didn't have feelings for Grayson at the time, I don't even think I do now. Its more of becoming friends thing, more of a physical attraction or more me liking the idea of the perks that come with a boyfriend.

Of course I'd never admit that out loud. Not to Grayson, who is undeniably still blackmailing me. Then again I don't know what's going to happen after five weeks left. I really don't and I'm kind of anxious about the whole thing. What's going to happen?

I take the book, walking away quickly even though Aaron is following me. How am I going to tell him? Tell him that I've lost feelings for Jacob and am crushing on his worst enemy? Why couldn't life be simple? Why did I develop the need for my life to be complicated as hell? Aaron walks in front of me, making me stop.

"What's going on in your head? You used to talk to Jacob-"

"He won't talk to me any more because I'm a slut," I shrug my shoulders. "Not really. To him I am, I lead him on when I was in a relationship." His jaw clenches as he shakes his head.

"All of this started because of Grayson. I swear to god he is dead set on making sure we're miserable." I furrow my eyebrows and hold the book to my chest.

"Why? What's he done that I'm not aware of?" He gets out his phone and shows me a photo.

Not just any photo. But the inside of Aaron's locker is dirt covered. In between his books, the covers are grey not to mention the photo on the door has been doodled on. The one with him and his team mates, however something I notice is the photo of us missing from the red magnet. I hand his phone back with a frown.

"That was Wednesday during lunch, it pissed me off when I got a mouth full of dirt. I don't know how he did it but he did." Nodding, I can feel an extreme level of stupidity raising through me.