34. birthday spoils

For a last minute birthday present, I've surprisingly not done a horrible job – at least I hope not anyways. I completely forgot because I was so self absorbed in my own issues that I forgot him telling me it was his birthday. For that I accept the fact I'm a horrible person, horrible girlfriend? I don't know the whole mechanics of what we are now, especially after our confessions on Saturday night.

I continue up the driveway, several plastic bags wrapped around my wrist as well as a drink tray in the other hand. Mom thankfully took me to the shopping centre this morning and dropped me off. To say I was rushed was an understatement, I just hope he's awake and I don't have to dodge family members.

Oh god, what if they've planned something and I'm intruding?

Too late now.

Knocking on the door I adjust my posture with my back pack on and various bags clutched tightly it's turning my knuckles white, forget the fact the heeled boots provide no support. The door opens and I come face to face with Gwen. Her eyes narrow at me, doing a once over before stepping aside.

"What are you doing here?" She snaps, not even pretending to be nice. Wiping my feet I step inside and spin around to face her.

"I brought Grayson breakfast and his birthday present," Raising an eyebrow at me, I hear a hushed excuse me. I move to the side as a maid helps Gwen put on her coat.

"Greg! Is today Grayson's birthday?" My blood boils with anger, she doesn't know his birthday. I have a reason, she should know because they've been in the same household for years.

"What is today's date?" Greg says and instantly my heart stops.

His own father doesn't know it's his birthday.

"It's the 17th of April ma’am." The maid says, Gwen snatches her handbag giving her a glare.

"I wasn't talking to you, was I?" The tone is vicious and I bite the inside of my cheek from saying anything stupid.

"Well I believe it is his birthda- Hello Aria. It's a surprise to see you here," His eyes flicker down to my hands then back up to my face. "I'm presuming you're the reason behind the question. Wish him a happy birthday from me." Nodding he smiles, something that seems uncharacteristic from him.

"We'll be late." Gwen adds, his attention momentarily going to her before back to me. "I'll be in the car." She walks out and the maid stands beside the front door, ready to close it as soon as Mr Jones leaves.

"He's upstairs. I think in the shower but I don't think you would mind," He smiles, one that I know Grayson inherited from his father. "I'm surprised you had the guts to come here today. But maybe I need to rethink my perception on you, have a good day Aria and make sure Grayson does as well." I nod, smiling softly as he walks out.

The door closes and I start my way upstairs with slight irritation. I can't believe that, he forgot his own son's birthday. Shaking my head of the thought, I push on his bedroom door meeting darkness apart from the crack of light coming from underneath the en suite. The shower is running and I use my phone torch to walk over to his bed, dumping the plastic bags on the messy sheets.

I drop my bag down gently, turning on the bedside lamp rather than opening the curtains. Unzipping my bag, I grab the poorly wrapped present and the small bag out. Just then the shower turns off, I slip the present underneath his pillows before kicking off my boots. Reaching over to turn the light off, I lay back on his pillows with a grin as I hold the gag present.

The wait isn't long, before I know it the doors opened. He's drying off his hair with a towel while walking over to me. However, I don't think he knows I'm here. That was until I reach over to turn on the light, he stops slowly looking up while I smile at him.

"Happy Birthday," I smile holding out the bag for him. His eyes flicker to the bag then to me before throwing the towel in the direction of his dresser. "Why do you look so surprised?"

"I've just never had anyone say Happy Birthday to me in my own home in years," He smiles, sitting down beside my legs and taking the bag. A soft kiss falls on my cheek as he does so. "Thank you."

Smiling softly, I watch him open it almost laughing as he pulls out a plastic crown. He looks at it in confusion before looking up at me. Just as he opens his mouth he closes it, smiling and slipping it onto his damp hair. I adjust the gold plastic, reaching back for his actual present. There's a pleasant laugh that escapes his lips while I raise an eyebrow.

"What's so funny?" I ask, he takes the wrapped present and shakes his head.

"You are horrible at wrapping gifts," He tears the paper back, revealing the CD casing that I bought for him.

"Look inside." Smiling I wait for his reaction for it, oh geez.

He unzips it and the band falls out onto his lap. Picking up the bracelet, braided in black and blue he smiles. He slips it onto his wrist before holding the Taylor Swift band up to me. I can't help but grin at him which makes him roll his eyes.

"You bought me Future Hearts?" His jaw drops, looking at me with wide eyes. "How did-"

"I checked your collection when you were putting petrol in the car yesterday. It was the one that you didn't have so I figured why not get you something you didn't have as well as something to organise the mess in the middle console," He looks so happy right now that I want to take a photo. "I also brought breakfast, Maccas okay?"

He bites his lip and places the casing on the bedside table. I watch him take a sip from the coke resting in the holder, pushing aside the food and my bag. Before I can question him he's crawling on top of me. I feel my heart pound against my chest when he leans down. My hand grabs onto his bicep, feeling his lips press to mine.

The contrast is noticeable and I feel as if my hearts going to explode. It's a short kiss, pulling back way too soon for my liking. I stare at him, watching bright blues flicker back down before making eye contact with me. He reaches up for the back of my neck and connects our lips again with haste. I smile into it, moving my hands to his back while dragging my nails lightly.

My back presses into the pillows while his hands go to my thighs, pulling me flat. The gasp that escapes is the opportunity he uses to deepen the kiss, hovering over me. I love the way his lips feel on mine, it's rushed and needy but feels amazing. He pulls back giving me a chance to catch a much needed breathe. I smile, adjusting his crown that surprisingly didn't fall off because of the spikes gripping his hair.

"It's more than okay," He whispers, gently pecking my lips with the biggest smile I've ever seen on him. "I think I like Raspberry iced tea, more so from your lips."