18. different

This isn't how I imagined my Saturday night to go down

This isn't how I imagined my Saturday night to go down. I knew it wasn't going to be perfect and I knew that the odds of me being sober were low but I didn't think I would be drunk enough to find myself in a circle playing Truth or Dare. The game is juvenile and probably the hotspot where most gossip comes from.

But that's the last thing on my mind right now.

The music playing in the background is some classic All Time Low, majority of the guys went outside to play some ridiculous treasure hunt game. I don't know the point of it, more like an excuse to get away from their girlfriends or clingy girls that they've hooked up with.

Much to my surprise when I got here I ran into Aaron, the shock being mutual as he explained it was the soccer team and their friends.

No more, no less. Everyone on the team had a plus one and others were exclusively picked. I was invited because I'm dating his best friend. I didn't realize it until earlier that they are indeed best friends, sort of along the same lines of Ella and myself.

In Joshua's room there's a pin board filled with Polaroids and photos. Majority of them were of him and Grayson ranging from a variety of ages.

It was sweet and it's clear that this boy is the closest to him in the group. I might've been quiet tonight while drinking rum and coke, but I've been observing them carefully.

Enough to know that Joshua and Grayson are close as Ella and myself, that he seems to roll his eyes a lot at Parker and he doesn't really talk much to Eli. Also that Phillip has a girlfriend who is friends with Sarah, who has yet to be seen. Or at least not by me.

For Grayson to claim that he's going to make my life hell I need to be prepared to fight back. Even if that means using his weaknesses against him, sorry Joshua but you might get caught in the crossfire. I doubt it because that could also hurt Ella and that isn't something I want to do.

Swallowing the alcohol I push myself up to my feet. I tilt forward and reach out for the door frame hearing laughter behind me. The chatter goes on and I take a deep breathe, stumbling down the hall. At the moment everything's feeling fuzzy and I'm definitely passed the stage of being coherent.

I go into the kitchen noticing Eli with two of the guys on the team. Almost immediately their eyes drop down, I furrow my eyebrows as they rush out past me. I look back to Eli who is wearing a grin, the color of his cheeks are tinted red from alcohol consumption but that's the only tell tale sign of him drinking.

"I didn't realize that I was that scary," I joke, speech slightly slurred but not so much that it's gibberish.

"Your not. You've got one protective boyfriend. He has basically warned all the second strings off from even looking in your direction." I purse my lips, filling my cup up with vodka and adding some juice to it after. "How much have you had to drink?" I take a sip, sucking my cheeks in at the odd tasting mixture. I don't usually drink vodka but there's always a first.