Q&A

What is your inspiration?

Most stories that I write or come up with ideas for usually spark from songs. For Heartbreakers, in the beginning I had 3 major songs that stuck out to me.

1-Stitches by Shawn Mendes
2- Shallow Love by Jack&Jack
3-Outer Space by 5 seconds of Summer

Apart from that, life experience really inspires at the same time. Because I keep a lot of stuff bottled up to avoid people stressing or causing concern about myself, I use writing to vent my frustrations. If you haven't heard me say this before, I always put something of myself in my works.

So my inspiration comes from music and life experience 💕

What was your favorite part to write about?

Wow. I have multiple things that I absolutely loved writing this, the whole thing actually. So I've narrowed it down to two;

I really loved writing the first scene where they met at McDonalds, it was fun and showed just how smart Grayson can be. In contrast to that scene, the two chapters with the first soccer game really showed his softer side. The part where he told Eli that Jackson High was wearing shirts, he didn't want her exposed for anyone to see and that kind of made me feel something for him. I knew that he wasn't going to be an asshole for much longer.

In terms of character development I LOVED writing 'Tragic Juliet' where Aria performed a monologue. I wanted to show how affected she was by what Max had done to her. Yet, she was showing she was stronger by actually admitting "this is what happened" sort of thing. Rather than hiding that it really affected her, something that is really hard to do when you're very reserved with trust.

There's nothing better than sesing your characters develop before your very own eyes so that's why I focused on Heartbreakers being mainly Aria, dealing with things.

Why are you so amazing?

You're really sweet, you are. I'm not amazing but thank you anyways. It means a lot that you think that when in reality others think anything but. Thank you lovely 💕

Do you want to be an author in the future?

That is honestly my dream job. I'd love to be a writer someday, I really would so the answer is yes. But honestly, I don't see it happening considering nobody really knows that I write now so if I told people, they'd probably laugh in my face.

Really, I showed my mum an entry to a Halloween contest and she was gobsmacked that I had written it. She asked if I had stolen in, that it was really well written and considering she was a massive English nerd to the point she was going to be a journalist herself until she got pregnant with my brother.

If I had the choice I would be an author, just like Aria is. It'd be a dream come true but for now I can just write on Wattpad.

Spin off???

Alright. So there's something really funny about this. I originally planned on Heartbreakers having it as a stand alone novel until someone who gave this book a review said you could throw in a plot twist to make a sequel, prequel or spin off. So I got hit with the idea.

I was going to make one with Parker which is the reason why I had him bond with Aria over their backgrounds. But when I started to write this things started to get difficult, as in I couldn't see it going anywhere past chapter 5.

Then I got the idea of making a spin-off with Aaron. But from what I gathered most people reading this didn't particularly like his character.

So the answer is no, I won't be writing a spin-off.