9. taylor swift and ice cream

"What do you mean you can't tell me where you're going?" Ella says and I nervously lick my lips, continuing to stack my things back inside my locker.

"I, It doesn't really matter.." I trail off, slowly closing the door while adjusting the strap on my shoulder

"Then why can't you tell me?" She scoffs. I meet her eyes but quickly look away with my feet following their path. "Aria!"

Her converse scuff on the ground after me so I quicken my pace. I weave in and out of the students hoping that I can get away from her. How am I going to tell her that I'm "dating" Grayson? She'll yell at me and most likely ignore me for ages. I don't know how I'm meant to tell her that because it's going to hurt her.

Pushing open the door I can still hear her calling my name. I jump the last two steps and keep my head down. That's when I feel two arms slip around me, I nearly bounce off their chest except their grip tightens. They stumble back but catch their footing so we don't go falling to the ground. I look up to realise I'm gripping onto Grayson, he smiles briefly at me until his eyes flicker behind me.

Spinning around I push his arms off of me and face Ella. She's halfway down the staircase with an unreadable expression on her face. I go to speak but when she continues walking towards us. Her eyes are burning holes into him and she stops beside us. They meet mine for a second and I can see the hurt in her eyes but they quickly go to Grayson when he clears his throat.

"Where exactly are you taking my best friend this afternoon?" Her arms cross over her chest as she raises an eyebrow. He tries to look at me but she reaches up grabbing his chin. "Don't look at her, I'm talking to you. So?"

"To get ice cream at Baskin Robins," He removes her hand from his face with a frown. "Why do I feel like I'm being interrogated?"

"Oh this is nothing. Just a tip, keep your hands to yourself unless you want to lose them," She glances to me and shakes her head. "You need to explain everything to me later. Have fun you two, I mean what I said Grayson." She grits out his name before walking away.

I let out a breathe I was holding hearing stifled laughter from Grayson. My eyes narrow at him and he bites his bottom lip trying to stop seeing my lack of amusement on the situation. I feel my phone vibrate in the back pocket of my jeans, rolling my eyes I get it out to view the message.

From Ella 💞
Tomorrow we're having a discussion over this. I'll pick you up from school after rehearsals... I want to know everything, especially WHY you didn't want to tell me about dating Grayson..

To Ella 💞
Its complicated...

I slip my phone into my pocket again and start walking off. Grayson is quick to follow, nudging my shoulder with his. I narrow my eyes at him while he flashes me a grin. There's people staring, I can feel it and I don't like it. Keeping my eyes glued to my converse I follow Grayson to his luxurious car. The glossy blue commodore seeming a similar shade to his eyes, just a bit darker.