28. closer

"I can't believe you talked me into this," I mumble, carefully tipping the paint inside the balloon. "This is a bad idea and you know it."

Somehow, we're piling several paint balloons inside her locker. But that's just the beginning of it. After being covered in paint, she'll go to the GYM most likely to shower where Ella is going to be waiting with Phillip and Eli, steal her things apart from a towel. As the chase leads to the parking lot, Parker is going to dump her publicly and give a speech.

"Relax. You and Isabella's names are going to be kept out of it if any punishment was to come," Grayson assures, I frown at him stopping the paint as he ties it carefully. "I doubt it but I can assure you, she'll be staying the hell away from our group after this." He places the red balloon filled with green paint inside the back pack half filled with balloons.

Leaning against Grayson's car, I fiddle with my necklace and look up upon hearing laughter. There's a loud scream coming from Gabriella, cheeks red and some paint still present on her skin. Almost instantly, phones are being held in her direction as Eli and Phillip rush between the cars. They pass us and I've never seen someone climb in the back of a truck so fast.

I swallow the lump in my throat, an immense feelings of guilt washing over me as she stands at the end of the cars. Her eyes look at Parker, shock overcoming her face but she turns on the waterworks, trying to latch onto Parker who simply pushes her away. He crosses his arms and just like that the tears stop, crocodile tears.

"Baby what's-"

"Don't call me that Gabriella. You're a vindictive, evil, girl who has done nothing but cause trouble for me and my friends. So you can stop pretending you're innocent in this whole thing," I suck on the inside of my cheek, feeling like I'm a little to close to the event going down.

"You don't know what you're talking about, your friends just stole my clothes!" She raises her voice, the boys snicker and I give them a look which makes the smirks wipe from their faces.

They know that I was iffy about this whole thing, they walked in on Grayson telling me that I didn't want to see her reaction. However, part of the plan was for Grayson to film the paint falling out of her locker. Except trying to break the connection, him and Joshua were offering to clean it up. Make the group look innocent. Apart from Phillip and Eli.

But they were more then happy to take a detention for embarrassing her which has me concerned. Eli, not so much but Phillip, he doesn't seem like the type to be careless but he's doing it for his girlfriend. They wanted revenge and they've got it in this moment.

"After you did what to them? You made it your goal to make sure that none of us were happy. You threatened Phillip's girlfriend, scared of Zoey from ever talking to Eli again and not to mention the obvious with Grayson's past and present girlfriends." In that moment her eyes land on me.