1

Silver.

When history Class was finally over Kacy and I walked out of the room together. As I was walking I felt a tap on my shoulder, looking back I saw Odene standing behind me.

"Can I talk to you for a minute? " she asked.

"No, " I replied flatly .

"Please, "I heard her say when I was about to walk off.

I gave Kacy a head nod telling her she could go on with me. When I turned around to face Odene I raised an eyebrow.

"What are you doing here? " she asked.

"Learn, like everyone else here, "

"I meant as in this town, "

I shoved my hands in my pockets, "I came back to live with my Mom. "

"I thought you weren't gonna come back, "she frowned.

"Well I'm here ain't I? "

"God I missed you so much, " She smiled opening Her arms to hug me but I stepped back.

"What's wrong? Don't you miss me? "She questioned.

"No,"

"But we were best friends Silver, "her frown deepened.

"Yes we 'Were' past tense. Now I don't even care to be friends with you, " I responded Honestly.

She crossed me as soon as she stopped communicating with me.

"You really changed huh," she said shaking her head.

"Yes I did. I can see that you didn't change at all, " I replied sarcasm very evident in my voice.

She shrugged, "Well this is me now and I'm happy. "

"Well good for You, "I said uninterested.

"Your acting like I did something to you Silver ,don't fucking play me like that, "

"Lil sweet Odene learned to curse, "I smirked shaking my head.

"I always cursed, "

"I don't recall  . Anyways you've already wasted enough of my Time, "I held up my deuces backing away, "Adios Stranger."

I heard her calling my name but I had already walked a distance away from her. She actually seemed like she missed me too bad I didn't give two shits about her anymore.

I eventually found Kacy and we were both heading down the hallway.

"You know Odene? " She asked.

I scrunched up my face, "Why you saying that like she some kinda big shot?"

"Oh she Is,"

"Fa real? "

"Yes I mean she's the Captain of the girls soccer team and the girls here seem to swoon over her, "She replied.

Odene Soccer team captain ?Odene never liked sports nor the outdoors and now she's a soccer team captain. Things had really changed in these few years. Shit I didn't even know Odene was attracted to girls. The Lil sweet anti-social Girl I once knew had truly changed.

♣♣♣♣♣♣

Once school was over I ended Up walking home since I remembered the route mom took this morning. I groaned and sluggishly walked upstairs to my room. As soon as I got into the room my bag was thrown across the room and my face was buried in my pillow.

Rolling over I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and switched it on. After typing in my password I checked my social media apps . I had messages like crazy from people who knew me from my old school  . Sighing deeply I watched a snap my bestfriend post. It was a video of her and my other close friends shouting 'We miss you '.

I had it all,the friends, the girls and the popularity and now I had nothing. My dad thought it would be Best for me to stay with my mom and rekindle old flames.

I let out a loud ass groan when the door bell rang. I just laid there pretending not to be home until it started ringing rapidly. Making my way downstairs I contemplated what language I was gonna cuss the person at the door in.

When I opened the door I sucked my teeth once I saw Odene standing there.

"What do you want? " I asked already irritated by her presence.

"Can I come in? "

I opened the door and let her into the house before closing the door.

"Now what do you want? " I folded my arms as I watched her sit on the couch.

"I want to know why you were giving me the cold shoulder like we were never even friends, "

I chuckled, "You honestly don't remember? "

She nodded her head in response.

"When I left after a while you cut me off like I didn't even fucking matter to you man. That shit was cold Odene real cold, "

She licked her lips before speaking, "I'm sorry for that, it's just that I couldn't stand talking to you knowing that you were so far away. I missed you and every time we communicated it reminded me that you weren't coming back. I just couldn't keep up any more  ."

"You fa real Odene? I was the one who had to leave, not you  . How do you think I felt huh?  You think I felt like everything was fucking Rainbows and unicorns? " I shook my head before chuckled.

"You couldn't keep up ,"I mumbled the words to myself, "You bullshitting me Odene. "

She got up from her seat and walked over to me.

"Look Sil I'm - " she began but I cut her off.

"Don't call me that, " I said no longer liking the use of my nickname coming from her.

"Look Silver I'm sorry for what I did and I'm sorry if I hurt you. Can we just start over? " she asked looking down at me with hope.

I was gonna tell her no until she spoke again.

"Please, " her voice softer than it was before.

"Ight, "

As soon as those words left my mouth she engulfed me in a hug. I shoved Her off of me causing her to stumble a pit.

"I don't like hugs, "I mumbled straightening out my close with my hands.

She held out her fist, "Friends? "

I bumped it, "Acquaintances."

♠♠♠

Hope y'all liked it .

Comment your thoughts.

Odene

Odene

Her first facial expression tho 😂😂😂