2.

Silver.

"I made you breakfast, " Mom smiled holding up a plate filled with sliced bread, scrambled eggs and bacon.

"I don't want any, " I replied taking an apple from the fridge.

When I turned around my mom slammed the plate down on the table not with enough force to break it.

"Can't you see I'm trying here!" She yelled.

"Trying to do what? Regain the relationship we never had! "

"We had a lovely relationship Silver,up until -" she looked me up and down.

"Up until what?  Up until I decided on  being my true self?! " I yelled back.

"Don't you yell at me Young lady! " she  pointed Her finger at me.

"Or what? You're gonna send me back to Dad? I don't wanna be here any way!" I fumed angrily.

"Dammit Silver!" She yelled slamming Her fist on the table.

"You know what Mom?  Fuck this town, Fuck this House and especially fuck you! " I yelled.

I watched as the colour drain from her face and her lips turning to a deep frown.

"Silver, " she gasped looking at me in disbelief.

I stormed out of the kitchen and grabbed my bag from the couch before exiting the house. I slung it over my shoulder and shoved a hand in my pocket.

She can't keep trying to pretend like nothing ever happened . Did she understand how hurt I felt when she shipped me away to a father I had met only once in my life for One ignorant thing.

Kicking a stone I let out a huff. I felt like the most important people gave Up on, first Mom and then Odene. I was so caught up in my thoughts I didn't realize the car driving slowly beside me. When I looked up and saw Odene smiling at me I rolled my eyes.

"Well someone's in a bad mood. Hop in and we can talk about it, "

"I rather not, " was my reply.

"How about you get in and we'll not talk about what's bothering you, "

"I'll walk, "I smiled at her before picking up my pace.

I heard her let out a sigh, "Come on Silver we're supposed be trying to be friends. "

"Fine, "I mumbled.

Her car came to a complete stop and I walked around to the passenger side and got in. When I got in the cologne I smelled on her yesterday filled my nose. Looking over at her my eyes widened in surprise at the small tattoo on her neck that I failed to notice yesterday.

"A tattoo? "

She laughed using Her free hand to touch it.

"Oh, I got that last year, "

I leaned in closer and tried to see what it spelt Out. Odene

Rolling my eyes I shook my head .

"Didn't know you were a dog, "

"Watchu mean? " She asked.

"Got yo name tatted on you like a damn dog name tag, "

"Do you find faults with everything ?"

Rather than replying I looked out and thought about why she was in my neighborhood so early in the morning.

"What were you doing in my neighborhood so early in the morning?"

"You forgot huh?

"Forgot what? " I asked confused.

"That I live Three houses before yours on the opposite side of the street,"

"Oh, "

"That's where we met, in front of my house when you chased me trying to get me to tell you my name, "

I laughed a bit to myself remembering what happened. We were both six then and I had just moved in. Nobody at the time wanted to make friends with me since their parents said  not to because I was a Menace. I was playing with my monster truck when I saw her walking down the street. I saw an opportunity and I wanted a friend so I chased Her up the street  . When I finally caught up to her I had tackled Her in front of her house.

"I see that smile, "She grinned looking over at me, "You remember how obsessed you were with meeting me. "

I wiped the smile off my face, "Well it doesn't matter now. "

She remained silent her pink lips no longer holding the previous smile. I didn't bother to continue the conversation instead I stared out the window.

When we made it to the school I hopped out of the car quicker than anything. I was a small distance away from the entrance when I felt someone grab unto my arm  .

Turning I stared at Odene and waited for her to speak.

"Didn't you hear me calling you? "

"No, " I lied.

"Well everyone out here did, " she said indicating with her hands.

I looked around and everyone outside was staring at us. I swear People so damn nosey Now a days.

"What did you want?"

"I want to introduce you to my friends, "

"I don't want to meet them, "

She pouted, "Stop being a grouch ."

"I'm not being a grouch, " I replied as she began to drag me with her.

We walked over to the side of the school with all the benches. When we approached a group of persons she sat down pulling me down with her.

"Who this? " A guy with Two puffs in his hair dyed green at the end.

"This is my old childhood Friend Who Just moved back here, Silver, "She said introduced me.

"As in the Silver Who moved away when you were thirteen? " A Girl asked wide eyed.

"Yes, "Odene replied.

"I can't believe it's actually you, "she held out her hand for me to shake and I shook it, "I'm Jasmine by the way."

"What do you mean 'It's actually you ', has she been talking about me to y'all? " I asked.

Jasmine laughed, "When I first met Odene all she ever did was talk about you. You used to bawl Her eyes out complaining that she missed you. "

I looked over at Odene whose cheeks had turn a light shade of pink. She gave Jasmine the 'Shut the fuck Up ' look.

Clearing her throat Odene spoke, "Anyways this is Cookie, " she pointed at a light skinned boy with freckles.

"Dellion, "She pointed at the boy with the dyed green tip hair.

"Nice to meet y'all, " I said.

I didn't see anything wrong with them and although I wasn't looking for any friends I didn't mind the company.

♠♠♠♠♠♠

I honestly love Odene's personality. 😣

She'll forever be #1 😍

Comment your thoughts

🙏