12.

"Nigga why the fuck are you still Mad? " Silver asked looking over at Odene.

They had just came back from Odene's soccer game and they were currently sitting in Silver's living room.

Silver wasn't mad about the phone situation anymore she was mad because Odene was giving her the cold shoulder.

Odene ignored her and continued to watch what was showing on the television. Silver grabbed the remote from the small table and switch the Television off.

"What the hell Mann?  I was watching that," Odene said now looking at her.

"Why are you Mad?  I understand why I should be pissed by why the fuck are you pissed. I showed up at your game and shit and your still Mad. What the fuck is your problem? " Silver questioned.

Odene looked away and stared at the blank Television screen. Silver grabbed her chin and turned her head so she could face her.

"I know you hear me talking to you. Now tell me please, why are you angry with me? "

Odene yanked Silver's hand from her face before replying.

"I'm Mad because you were willing to get at me over someone you barely know. It was One phone call Silver. One frigging phone call. You acted as though she was more important to you than us spending time together. "

Silver looked at her like she was crazy.

"What the fuck man?  You are acting like we're in a fucking relationship and shit. I don't know what kinda fuck shit you on but I do know you tripping, "

Odene chuckled, "You so Right. My ass just tripping. "

She got up off the couch and pulled up her slightly sagging pants.

"Look I'mma just go home. "

Silver grabbed her hand before she could walk away.

"You aren't going home. You fina stay here and talk shit out with me. "

"I don't want to talk shit out with you,"Odene replied.

"Well I didn't ask you if you wanted to. Now sit down and talk to me. "

Odene pulled away from her grasp, " I think it's best if I just go home. "

Annoyed Silver dragged Her hands down her face. She squeezed her eyes shut before looking at Odene.

"You said you wanted to fix shit between us. You said you wanted us to be friends again. Here I am trying to talk shit out like friends would and you ain't having it. I Swear to God O if you leave here today without talking with me then this whole friendship thing is over. "

At this point Silver was mad serious. Odene was playing games with her and all she wanted were the answers.

Odene let out a sigh before sitting down. Leaning forward she looked over at Silver. She took a moment to just figure out what she was going to say and the best way she could say it.

"Are you even gonna say anything? " Silver asked when more than a minute passed.

"Umm, " was all she could manage to say.

Silver slouched more and folded Her arms.

"We got all day. Take your time. "

"Do you want the whole story? " Odene asked.

She nodded her head in response.

" Ight," Odene swallowed, " It seemed like you care about Marley more than you actually care about me. That hurt me because I care about you a lot Silver and you are to blind to see that. "

"That's stupid. You know I care about you way more than I care about her. I'm just sexually attracted to her but you ,I love you like family. "

"How I see it is how I call it,"she paused, "There is also something else I should tell you. "

"What is it? " Silver asked.

"Marley is my ex girlfriend . She cheated on me a couple times and that's why we broke up. "

" Word, " Silver replied surprised by the new information.

Marley being Odene's ex wasn't something she thought of because of how they both acted like they didn't know each other. Silver felt dumb because Marley really played Her acting like Odene was a stranger.

"But you know, if you want to date Her go ahead don't let me stop you. It is your life after all," Odene mumbled as she rubbed Her hands together.

"Don't worry I won't date Her." Silver reached out and held Odene's hand.

The room became silent after Odene didn't respond.

"Is that all you wanted to get off your chest because I don't believe Marley being your ex got you so worked Up  ," Silver said 

Odene looked over at her before looking away.

It is now or never she thought .

She let out a shaky breath before speaking up.

"There's also something else that you need to know. "

Silver gave her hand a squeeze, " I'm all ears.

"Just promise me that what I'm about to tell you won't change things between us. "

"You're making me feel nervous, " Silver chuckled.

Odene leaned back and gave Silver her full attention. Silver was still holding Her hand so she didn't feel as nervous as she thought she would feel.

"I like you a lot Silver, "she spoke.

"I know that .We are friends after all. "

Odene let out a sigh, " Not like that. I like you like you. Meaning I like you way more than a friend. "

Silver stared at her, "So you have feelings for me?"

"Yes, " Odene replied.

Silver removed Her hand and placed it on her lap.

"Damn, " she muttered as she stared Up at the ceiling.

Odene looked down at her hands and folded in her bottom lip m

"For how long? "

"A couple months before you left to go live with your dad. "

"Why didn't you tell me this before? "

"I was scared because I didn't know how you would react."

"To be honest with you O, I don't know how I should feel. I don't know what to say to you exactly because I don't want to hurt your feelings. "

Odene nodded her head, "Its fine. I'm fine. "

"You sure? "Silver asked.

"Yeah. Umm but I think I should go now I have an assignment To finish. " Odene said before getting up.

"Okay then,"Silver paused, "I guess I'll see you tomorrow. "

"Yeah I guess so, "

***