5

Odene.

I smiled as I made my way to my car. The best part of the game wasn't the winning part it was Silver being there. I use to have a crush on Silver when we were younger, shit I still do now. She never noticed me though, she always thought of me as Just Her little sister. I use to watch from the sidelines when she would have her little girlfriends. My mom would tease me about having a Crush on Silver. She was my rock and at that young age I was certain that I wanted Her in my life together.

The day that I decided to confess my feelings was a tragic day. The exact moment I rang the doorbell she came out with bloodshot eyes. She told me that she was gonna go live with her dad. That night I bawled my eyes out because I thought I wouldn't see her again.

Every day for a year we spoke to each other, but I couldn't take the distance. I couldn't take Her not being here with me. She had new friends and I was still here being lonely. One day I came to a conclusion that I couldn't do it anymore. After that I reinvented myself and surrounded myself with friends so I wouldn't forget about her. I did. I was living life to the fullest. The girls were coming in and my popularity grew, I started playing soccer and in due time I was the team captain.

The day I saw Silver sitting in the classroom my heart beat increased. I was amazed to see how much she had changed. At that exact moment I made a promise to myself to make her mine. I know it wouldn't happen immediately because Everything in life took time.

As soon as I spotted Silver leaning against my car my heart dropped. She was standing there laughing with some stud.  The fact she was talking to another stud didn't have a huge effect on me, I'm not that type of person. The thing that was so heart dropping was the fact that she was actually speaking to my ex.

I picked up my pace as I approached them. When I walked up to them they both stopped talking and looked at me. Marley had that same irritating smile she always had on full display.

"I'm ready to go, "I said to Odene completely ignoring Marley.

"Who's this? " Marley asked pointing at me.

I mentally rolled my eyes.

"A friend, "

Ouch. I know we weren't still best friends but how she said 'A friend' had me feel some type of way

Marley hummed in response.

"I see your friend is ready so I'mma go. You got my number, hit me up sometime ," Marley said as she backed away.

"Adios Bob, " Silver laughed causing Marley to stick Up her middle finger.

The fact that she was laughing and shit with Marley areally bothered me. Silver hasnt been the nicest person since we started talking. I understand why she behaved the way she did towards and I hope that would change soon

I popped the locks and we both got into got into the car. The car was filled with awkward silence as I drove, so I decided to make small talk.

"Did you like the game? "

She shrugged, "I wasn't really paying attention. "

I nodded my head and pursed my lips.

"So that girl you were talking to you just met her? "

"Nah I met her during the game when she bumped into me at the food station. While I was waiting for you I saw her walking so I called Her over, "

"Oh," I mumbled.

"She fine tho,"

I gripped my staring while so tight it hurt

"I don't know about that. I mean after looking at myself so much in the mirror I can't recognize other people's Beauty, " I replied faking a laugh.

"I can understand stand that. I mean you been seeing ugly for so long, "

I looked over at her and stale faced her before returning my eyes to the road.

"I know yo pit bull looking ass ain't calling me ugly, "

(y'all be real with me . Young M.A reminds me of a pit bull 😂😂)

"At least I don't look like Ursula from the Lil mermaid Mama ,"

I laughed, "You did me real bad bruh. All I said was that you looked like a pit bull. You a Lil pretty for a pit bull tho, "

I looked over at her and she had her head out the window.

"If you stick out your tongue shit would be epic. Go on nah bark, " I busted out laughing.

Her ass was mean mugging me. I could see that she was trying not to laugh though.

"You hurting my feelings man, "

"I'm sorry but you can't help the way you look, " I said as I cut the engine off in front of her house.

"Why you cut the engine off? " she asked as she opened her door.

"Because I'm coming inside, " I replied in a duh tone as I got out

"Did I ask you to come inside?"

"Nope,but that ain't stopping me."

We walked towards the front door and she opened it letting me in. I followed Her up the stairs and stopped at the door frame of the familiar room. This room held all my favourite memories with her. We would play together and talk all kinds of shit. Her House was practically my second home.

"Watchu standing there for?" She asked as she sat on her bed

"I'm just thinking about the good times we had in here, " I had a sad smile on my face.

"I don't remember any, " she replied as she took her shoes off.

I didn't believe she actually forgot. I mean nobody forgets childhood memories because they're always the best.

I took in the rooms decor a bit more. Frowning I looked at the spot on the wall which once had the collage I gave her for her twelfth birthday.

"Where's the collage? " I asked pointing at the spot on the wall.

"Oh that, I threw it out, "

I scrunched my eyebrows together, "You threw out
The gift I made for you. "

"I thought it wasn't necessary to have it around anymore, "She replied as she laid down on her bed.

"Are you serious?  I spent my time to create The collage for you and you just threw it away  ," I was devastated.

"Why you so pressed about a stupid Collage?  "

"Maybe because I made it for you to represent our friendship, " gritting my teeth I was slowly becoming irritated.

"I didn't ask you to make it ,so don't be acting all stingy with me, "

"God. Why do I even want to be friends with you? "

Maybe because you're madly in love with her.

"You tell me. I don't know why you're wasting your time with me  . I think it's pretty obvious that things won't be like they were before. You've changed and Ive changed, shit ain't gon work, "

"What are you saying? "

"You should go, "

"Oh okay, "I mumbled.

I was leaving for now but I would surely see her Tomorrow. Yes she was being a bitch, but I wasn't giving up on her.

Everything in life just takes time.

***,**

How many of you would cut her ass off after that?

🙋

To be real with y'all I would've cussed Her out left,right and center. I take my time and dedication to make Something for you and you throw it out. Silver mad in her fetching head.

Anyways, 😀 comment your thoughts.

🙏