11

"Damn, "Silver mumbled looking around her Surroundings.

She had just woken up and she was feeling confused. Last night she remembered going to sleep on the bed and now she was On the floor. She looked up at the bed to see Opened sprawled out  with her head hanging off the bed.

"The fuck, "She muttered as she stood up.

Silver walked over to the side where Odene's head was hanging off and looked down at her.

"Yo wake up, " She said as she poked Odene on her shoulder.

Still no movement.

"Wake up," She repeated a bit louder as she lifted the skin above Her eye socket.

Still no movement.

Silver placed Her hand on her hips wondering how she could get her to wake up. As children Odene had always been a hard sleep but she seemed to have gotten worse over the years.

Coming up with an idea Silver reached out her hand and cuffed Odene upside the head.

Still no movement .

"Are you serious?"

She stared at Odene in disbelief. With a shake of her head she prepared to cuff Her upside her head. This time when she did it she applied more force. Odene's body immediately shot up and she began looking around while rubbing her eyes.

"What the fuck boss? " She grunted her voice raspy.

Silver shrugged smiling sightly, "I was just trying to wake you Up. "

Odene sucked her teeth before responding, "A simple tap on the shoulder would've been nice. "

"Nigga I tried that. Yo ass lucky I didn't hit with a frying pan. "

"It sure felt like you did, "She rubbed Her head soothingly.

Odene looked around the room then frowned.

"What time is it? "

Silver looked around the room in Search of her phone. When she found it she quickly made her way over to it. She switched Her phone on and her eyes widened once she saw the time.

"It is frigging Seven fifteen am! " She yelled before scampering around the room.

She started grabbing the sheets and pillows from the floor and throwing them at the bed 

"The a-" Odene's question was cut short when a pillow hit her in the face.

Odene just sat there staring at Silver as she moved around. Silver noticed Her actions and stopped to look at her.

"Why are you just sitting there?! "

"My clock is thirty-five minutes early, " Odene replied.

Seconds passed before Silver could respond.

"Who the fuck does that?!"

"I do. I like to be early all the time, " Odene replied with a simple shrug.

Silver shook her head, "You are so damn weird. "

Odene grinned, "I know. "

*****

"Miss, "Silver dragged out exhausted, "You told me not to write exactly what was in the text book and I didn't. I put the answer in my own words with the most valuable information included and you marked it incorrect. "

Silver had been going back and forth with her teacher over a question she marked incorrect. It was only worth two Marks but every Mark counted. Others would have let it slide but Silver was determined to get her grade.

She stared at the teacher Who only blinked. Silver felt her left eye twitch as she watched the woman. Her eyes drifted down to the sheet in front of her before regain focus on Silver.

"That is not what I wanted you to say, "The teacher replied flatly  .

"But I outlined all the valuable information. Just give me my Mark that's all I ask for."

The lady rolled her eyes, "Fine ."

Silver stood there for a moment.

"Go, " The teacher shooed Her.

Restraining herself Silver made her way out the door

"Ole choksondik looking ass, " she mumbled as she exited the classroom.

When Silver arrived at the cafeteria she pulled out her phone and took a seat . She frowned once she saw that Marley  hadn't replied to her  Text from earlier. Marley read the message but didn't reply.

Silver immediately dialed her number at put the phone to her ear.

"Yo, " Marley mumbled into the phone.

"Wassup with you leaving me on 'read '?" she questioned.

"Wassup with you ignoring my calls? If you don't want to talk to me all you gotta do is say so  ."

Silver frowned in confusion, " What fuck shit are you on? You didn't call me. "

"Nigga I did . Check yo phone. "

She moved the phone away from her ear and checked. Her frown deepened when she noticed that Marley wasn't lying. She returned her phone to its original position.

"I never ignored your call, "

"Shit you did. The phone rang twice and then the call ended. You ignored my call. "

"I didn't I swear. "

"Then who did? " Marley asked.

Silver thought back to last night. Odene she thought.

"Look Marley I'mma have to hit you Up later."

With that being said she switched the phone off.
Silver was upset simply because she didn't like her shit being touched.

She got up and made her way out of the cafeteria in Search of Odene .

"Bingo, " She mumbled when she spotted Her talking to a group of girls.

When Odene saw her approaching her she smiled.

"Missed me already? " She asked.

"Let me tell you something right. Don't ever touch my shit again,"Silver angrily pointed Her finger in her face.

"What are you talking about, " Odene questioned Now confused.

"Did you or did you not decline Marley's call last night? "

Odene remained silent.

"That's what I thought. I told yo ass I liked her and you pull this shit. Got Her thinking I'm tryna ignore Her. What gives? "

As Odene was about to respond One of the girls in the group stepped forward.

"Don't speak to her like that, " the girl said placing Her hand on her hip .

Silver looked at her for a moment.

"Roach, step the fuck aside. "

The Girl instantly moved.

"Like I said O what gives? " Silver repeated .

"I just didn't want anything to disturb us. The hell you So hyped for ?It was just one phone call. She ain't more important than us spending time together ," Odene responded annoyed.

She was irritated because the whole argument was over Marley. It hurt Her to see that Silver cared enough about Marley to actually try to get at her.

"Nigga le-

Odene cut her off.

"I don't have time to be arguing with you over petty shit. I got a game this afternoon at four be there, " She said before brushing pass Silver.

Silver just stood there completely dumbfounded.