10.

"You got all your stuff for school tomorrow? "Odene questioned as she entered Her bedroom with Silver trailing behind her.

"Yes, "Silver replied whilst Rolling her eyes.

Odene had been pestering Her with questions since she arrived.

"Do you have you have your toothbrush? "

Silver groaned, "Yes mother dearest. "

"What about yo-"

"Stop asking me so many damn questions,"Silver said cutting Odene off.

Odene chuckled, " I just want to make sure you have everything. "

She grabbed Silver's overnight bag from her hand and placed it on the chair in the corner of the room.

"Hey I didn't see your mom when I came in . Where she at? She asleep?"Silver asked slipping her shoes off.

"Nah she ain't asleep she's at church.  "

"So she doesn't force you to go any more? " Silver asked remembering that as a kid Odene had to attend every single church function.

"I up and told her 'no disrespect but I'm not going to church ' . Like I don't want to be forced into something that I personally don't believe in. Seeing is believing. I ain't see shit I'm not believe shit. Point blank period. "

Odene made her way over to her dressing table and began removing her jewellery.

"I get it. It is all cool with me. How she felt about all that in the beginning tho?"

"It was hard for her to accept of course but after a while she just let it go ," Odene replied as she took off her watch.

"She did Like Kodie Shane and let that shit go, "Silver laughed whilst taking a seat on the bed.

Odene chuckled along, "Right. "

Flopping back on the bed Silver moved her hands as if she was flying. The bed felt just like her old mattress back home.

"I'm sorry but yo ass taking the floor tonight. This feels too nice, " She said as she moved a bit more

Odene turned around finally finished with removing all of her jewellery.  She walked over to the bed and swatted Silver's leg.

"Nigga this is my bed if anything you'll be the one sleeping on the floor. We can both share the bed tho I really don't mind, " She shrugged .

"I still think you should sleep on the floor. There isn't enough Space for you. ,"Silver sprawled out even more, "Shit I'm taking the whole bed Up. "

Shaking her head Odene began to remove her T-shirt. Silver couldn't help but look at Odene's body as she did so. She tried to look everywhere else but her eyes kept regaining focus on Odene. Silver couldn't believe she was checking Her out and she was liking what she was seeing. To her it felt odd because of their 'friendship '. Silver only shook her head before forcing herself to keep Her eyes on the ceiling.

When Odene finally pulled off her shirt she slung it over her right shoulder.

"I'll be Right back. Get comfy. "

"Ight, "Silver replied with her eyes still closed.

When she heard the bedroom door slam indicating that Odene had left the room she opened Her eyes and changed to an upright sitting position . Deciding on getting comfy like Odene said to she removed her Large shirt. She wasn't accustomed to sleeping fully clothed so she wasn't planning on it. After removing her shirt and pants she folded them and placed them in her overnight bag. She sat on the bed once again and waited for Odene to return.

Odene entered the room with a plate in her hand whilst munching on something.

"Whatchu eating? " Silver asked.

"Something my mom made,"

"Ooh really. She still cook like she use to? "

Silver loved the small deserts that Odene Mom prepared. As a kid her treats Were her all time favorite things to snack on.

"Yup. She never lost Her touch, " Odene replied as she took a seat next to Silver on the bed.

When Silver looked at what was on the plate she scrunched her face Up.

"The fuck is that? "

"Its a popcorn cake. "

"A popcorn cake?  I swear she makes the wackiest things but they always taste bomb. What's all that stuff on it do?" Silver questioned motioning with her hand.

"It has M and M's, tiny marshmallows, Carmel sauce and um some type of nut. "

"Shit gimme some, "

Silver reached over and broke off a piece of the cake. When she finally chewed it and swallowed it she moaned in delight.

Odene looked at Her, "You didn't even ask. "

"I don't have to ask for nun. "

"How you gon Just grab stuff like that? "

"I grab what I want to grab, "Silver responded as she reached over and broke off another piece .

"We cool and all but we ain't that cool for you to be eating my shit like that, "Odene shook her head before pointing to the door, "Look this isn't going to work. I think you gotta go  ."

Silver laughed causing Odene to smile. Odene loved seeing Silver Laugh or smile especially when she's the cause. Silver only looked at her when her laughter died down.

"Why are you looking at me like that? "Silver asked.

"No reason, "Odene shrugged Her smile Now turned into a small smirk.

Silver studied her face for a moment before getting up.

"I'm gonna go get some water because that is too sweet."

"Here, "Odene handed Her the half empty plate, "I don't want anymore so take this down to the kitchen and place it in the fridge. "

Silver took the plate and began walking away.

"Bring me some while you're at it," Odene shouted after her as she walked out the door.

Rubbing her hands together Odene looked around her room. She was happy because she was
Getting to spend time with silver for the second official time.

Hearing the blaring sound of a phone ringing Odene looked around the room trying to figure out where the sound was coming from. She looked over on the nightstand and spotted Silver's phone. When she picked it up she looked at the caller ID. After seeing 'Marley' Big and bold on the screen she rolled her eyes. Biting Her lip she swiftly moved her thumb across the screen declining the call. She didn't want any disruptions especially by Marley.

As soon as she set the phone down in its original position Silver walked into the room with a cup of water in her hand. Odene simply acted as though the phone call never happened.

🙏