9.

Not Edited ⚠⚠

Odene

"Fucking Bitch," Silver muttered as she entered Odene's car.

"What's wrong? " Odene questioned.

"I can't take that damn bitch. "

"And who is this bitch you are speaking of? "

"My mother, "Silver replied the same time Odene drove off.

"Come on , you can't be speaking bout your mother like that."

Odene understood That Silver still had a grudge against Her mother for sending away but it was Right to be speaking badly about her mother. For all she knew Silver's mother was a nice woman.

"I speak about her anyway I please to. I just want to go home. I'm tired of that house." Silver mumbled as she leaned Her head against the window.

"I just got you back  Silver and I don't want you leaving anytime soon, " Odene replied truthfully.

Shit she already lost her once and she couldn't deal with losing Her a second Time.

Silver sucked her teeth, "I don't care. I can't stand being under the same roof as her. I've heard of fake friends, but they got fake parents too. Damn it's mad crazy. "
Even though Odene wasn't supposed to feel happy she couldn't help feel that way. Silver was actually being open with her In some type of way.

Keeping her eyes on the road Odene tried to think of a solution.

"What if we arrange a schedule?  Does your mom work night shifts? "Odene questioned when she came Up with an idea.

"Yeah on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays  . Why did you ask? "Silver responded.

"What if you sleep over at my house on Tuesdays, Thursdays and the weekend. That way y'all won't be under the same roof at the same time and you'll be able to avoid Her. "

Odene looked over at her for a second and she seemed to be thinking it over.

"I'm down. So I guess I'm supposed to come over tonight since it's Tuesday,"

Odene nodded in response.

"Just like Old times huh? " she chuckled.

"Yeah just like old times, " Odene repeated smiling a bit.

They both sat there in comfortable silence until Odene turned on the radio with her free hand. Odene smiled once she heard the introduction.

Glancing over at Silver she sang, "Bad thang, fine as hell, thick as fuck. Oh my god, that's my baby
Caroline, you divine
Mighty fine."

Silver only shook her head as she stared at her weird friend.

"Sing along, "Odene shoved Her shoulder with her free hand before focusing on the road.

"Ah-ha fuck you thought, "  Silver muttered.

"Aaaah, "Odene laughed causing Silver to laugh along.

"I'm not singing another song with you again. Had me loosing my cool. "

"Don't wanna talk it out, can we fuck it out?
Cause we gon' be up all night-"

Silver quickly cut her off, "Shut up. "

Odene only continued laugh. It had been a good while since she laughed with someone like this. Silver had put up a fence since She left to live with Her father but Odene was going to slowly break it down until it no longer existed.

****

Silver.

"Well you're in a happy mood, "Kacy chimed as she took a seat next to Silver.

"Why exactly do you think I'm in a 'happy mood' ?" Silver asked as she typed away on her phone.

"Well you don't have that usual constipated look, "

Silver only stale faced her, "Trying to be funny. "

"It's not a joke. I'm serious you always have that constipated look. "

"And what exactly does a constipated look look like? "

"You on a Every day basis, " Kacy responded.

Not responding Silver continued to type away on her phone. She had been Texting Marley back and forth since the free period started . She busted out laughing at a message she received.

"Who are you texting that got you laughing like that? "

"A friend of mine, "

"From back home or.... " Kacy trailed off.

"Nah someone I met recently."

"Do I know her? "

Silver was too focused on her phone to respond to what a Kacy said 

"Did you hear me? " Kacy shoved Her shoulder.

Silver rubbed Her shoulder, "Why everybody shoving my shoulder? What did you say? "

"I asked if I knew her. Does she go to this school? "

"Nah she goes to a private school not to far from here."

"Over there grinning and shit. Do you like her? " Kacy asked.

Silver shrugged, "I don't know. "

"You know you like her. "

When she was about to respond Odene approached them and took a seat in front of Silver.

"Like Who? " Odene frowned in confusion.

"Silver likes a girl who she met recently. She was even grinning and blushing not to long ago. "

"Oh really? " Odene raised an eyebrow.

*
Odene

"Do I know her? " Odene questioned wanting to know who the other 'she ' was.

"It's the girl that you saw me talking with at your game, "Silver replied.

Odene couldn't help but feel jealous. It was like before she left all over again. Silver never noticed Her even when she tried her hardest to show Her affection. It seemed as though Silver couldn't see past their friendship and that alone had her fucked in the head. She was so close but yet so far from her grasp at the same time.  What also saddened Odene more was the fact that out of the women in the world she had a thing for her fucking ex.

As much as Odene wanted to intervene it wouldn't be right if she didn't it for her own selfish pleasure. But then again She would be protecting Silver from the cheating backstabbing piece of junk that Marley was.

Taking into consideration that everything in life just takes time she calmed herself. Even though she wasn't going to get Silver Now she made up her mind that in due time she was indeed going to get her.

*****
I'm really trying with this book.

I updated both Mend Me and Overdose today so if you haven't checked them out please do.

🙏