6

Silver

I replied to a text Marley had sent me before stuffing my phone back into my back pocket. We started talking last night when I decided to message Her. To be honest Marley seems like a chill and laid back person, I think we could actually be good friends.

"Silver! "  Kacy  yelled from behind me

"What did I tell you about yelling my damn name like you crazy? " I asked once she caught up to me.

she shrugged as she fixed her bag strap.

"I haven't talked to you since yesterday. What happened with you and Odene when I left?"

"She irritated me yesterday so I cut her off ,"

Kacy staled face me ,"How exactly did she irritate you? "

I explained what happened to her as we walked down the hall.

"You're an absolute asshole . You need to apologize. "

"The fuck, why? " I asked as we walked into the Social Studies class.

"Like I said you were being an asshole.  Odene gives everyone else a hard time and she doesn't take a liking to Just anyone. It's obvious that she still cares about the friendship y'all once had. "

"Right, Once had. My time and her time isn't the same. She didn't care when I cared so why should I care Now? "

"And who said she didn't care huh? " She questioned as she turned and placed a hand on her hip.

"Calm down bruh. It ain't like it was a serious relationship. Friends come and go, " I replied blankly to her extra ness.

She sighed, "I tried. "

"Don't try to fix what you don't know about, "

I took a seat on the last seat in the middle column and Kacy took a seat next to me.

"Soon enough you're gonna realize that the grudge you're holding is bull shit, "

I didn't respond instead I pulled out my note pad and did a little sketching. When the bell rang for the class to begin everyone began  coming in. As soon as I  saw Odene roll in with Jasmine at her side my eyes regained focus on my sketch.

I was so eloped in my sketch that I didn't realize when the teacher came in and started teaching.

"Aren't you gonna write? " Kacy asked.

"huh?"

"He's giving an assignment ,"

"Oh right, " I mumbled.

I quickly took down what he was saying and waited for further instructions.

"This is a paired assignment, so find a partner."

I hated work that required shared responsibilities. I like doing things on my own without someone holding me down.

"Where you going?" I asked Kacy when I saw her get up.

"To get a partner, " she replied as if I asked a dumb question.

"You seriously gon leave me here alone?"

"Yup, " she said before walking away.

I sucked my teeth and looked out the window uninterested In finding a partner.

I felt someone tap my shoulder so I immediately turned to look at the person.

"What? " I asked the girl.

"Since you don't have a partner I was wondering if you wanted to be partners, "

I was about to reply when Odene's loud voice cut me off.