Chapter 3

Anti's POV

It was really fucking cold.

As soon as I opened my eyes, I was greeted by dim lighting, four walls, and Dark's silhouette.

I felt duck-tape covering my lips, but it did nothing to stop my teeth from chattering. I brought my knees up to my chest, trying to preserve what little body heat I had.

I heard clanging as I attempted to pull my arms forward around me, then realized that my arms were chained to the wall.

Oh no. Oh nonononononono.

I was extremely claustrophobic (yet another one of my million weaknesses) and I could feel my heart pounding. I started to hyperventilate, but I forced myself to calm down. Passing out was not my best option at the moment.

I took in several slow breaths, but couldn't stop my racing heart. Dark's quiet laughter wasn't helping my mood, either.

"Scared, princess?" Dark flashed me an award-winning smile, pearly white teeth nearly blinding me. I flinched involuntarily at the nickname -- I silently reminded myself to think of a shitty one for Dark when I was alone.

If  I was alone...

He went silent, and I pressed my face as close to my chest as I possibly could. How did I ever think that I was going to defeat him? Curse my ignorant conscious.

I thought he was gonna kick me, but he knelt down to my level instead. He leaned closer to my face, and whispered in my ear.

"I asked you a question. It's only polite if you answer."

Shivers flew down my spine, and I considered what would happen if I stayed silent.

Maybe he wouldn't hurt me all that bad. Maybe I would enjoy a few punches...

I hate maybes.

He moved back to a standing position and kicked the side of my leg. I could tell that his heart wasn't really in it, but he still kicked hard enough to hurt me. I could already feel a bruise forming.

Sucks for him -- bruises were my favorite form of pain.

What am I thinking!!? He just kicked me! I should be reacting at least...

One half of my brain was screaming at me to fight back, but the other was in simple bliss.

Maybe he would kick me again if I stayed still.

Dark's POV

I expected him to respond.

If he screamed, I would have to improve his pain tolerance. With, obviously, more pain.

If he acknowledged the kick, I would have asked him the question again.

But he just sat there, knees pressed to his chest, his eyes staring blankly at the ground. It was as if he was fighting with himself, which I couldn't entirely judge. 

I did it all the time; It was amusing, knowing that I would always win.

I crouched down again, and I lifted his chin so that his eyes were level with mine. I could sense his skin crawling at my very touch.

That would have to change.

...

That would change.

...

His eyes darted all over the place, never really meeting mine. The curious side of my brain started working faster than I wanted to follow, so I let it take control.