Chapter 11

Dark's POV

"We're soulmates." Anti's eyes were red with tears and his face was bleeding and bruised. He looked like he was going to hurl at his words, but something told me that they felt oddly satisfying on his lips.

I already knew that we were soulmates. I knew it every time Mark watched one of Sean's videos, and every time I saw Sean in person. There was always this aura around him, a dark haze in a sea of good. Like a shadow cast by a tree in a sunny field. 

Anti was a special kind of demon. Still a demon, of course, but he didn't act like one.

Most are like me; tough, rude, demanding.

He just didn't make the cut. Well, he did of a sorts.

Who heard of a demon hurting themselves? Others would go on a killing rampage, while many just request to be sent back to Hell. But no, not Anti. He was different.

He felt things. He felt things that most demons, or even people, didn't. I sure as fuck didn't. Sometimes I hated myself for being such an emotionally abusive psycho. But then I remember that demons don't care. At least, the good one's don't.

But I secretly always wanted a soulmate. I wanted someone whom I could love and care for. I yearned for something, anything. For sparks to fly, even if they were never gonna turn to a flame. 

I was lonely as all hell. And even Hell didn't provide solace to me. 

I looked Anti straight in the face, but I couldn't bring myself to look into his eyes. My stomach was twisting and I felt sick. But never this kind of sick. It was as if my chest was filling with cloth, and my head was starting to hurt, and butterflies flooded my stomach

Then it hit me -- this was what love felt like. 

I pushed myself off of Anti, but he stood his ground. I wanted to hurt him. I wanted him to feel what I felt, and I wanted him to say it. I wanted him to say that he loved me, even liked me. But that's not what demons do. I couldn't just say what was on my mind. I had already scared him. I had already blew my shot.

I ruin everything I touch. I ruined this; this feeling that I could've held onto. I was gong to explode, and I was going to ruin Anti in the process. 

His face was angry. I assumed I looked worse than he did. But oh, his face. His eyes were perfect, his jawline was perfect. Everything about him was beyond wonderful. 

I couldn't lose him. But I knew that forcing him to stay would only drive us farther apart. I didn't know if the damage that I did was reversible, but I sure as shit had to try. 

I breathed deep, and walked past Anti to the door. I rested my palm against the metal frame, and turned to look at him. I sighed.

"You can go. There's nothing I can do. You deserve better. I'm a horrible entity, and I need to let you go before I can do anything to harm you. Please," my voice shook. "Just leave."

Anti's face changed, from disgusted to confused. His eyebrows were furrowed and I couldn't bear to look at him anymore. I opened the door and walked out of the room, not bothering to shut it behind me. I assumed he was going to attack me when I turned my back. I assumed he would kill me the first chance he got. At least, I hoped that he would've. Instead, all I heard was a clink and a swoosh  of wind behind me, and when I turned to look, he was gone, the shock collar strewn on the floor, and my front door swinging. 

I stumbled, balancing myself against the wall. It wasn't raining outside, like it would in the movies or books if this happened. I could hear birds in the distance, and although it was an overcast day, I could still feel the warmth from outside. 

Anti was gone. It hit me like a train. I would never see him again. I would never touch him again. I would never hurt him again. He would be safe.

But I couldn't say the same for me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This isn't where it ends! Or is it? I'll probably update later this week. Have a great day!!