Chapter 1 - Manhattan Streets and Old Regrets

One of my favorite things in the morning is to wake up and see the lovely street lights flickering off, and if you know what I mean, then you know it's about 5 am in the morning. 

I have to admit I do miss the beautiful glow of the sunrise off the glimmer of the Australian sand.  It's been years now since I've seen that, years, I think again, almost ten. Ten years since my senior year at Westminster high, ten years since me and Cameron split our paths, his keeping him home and mine sending me to New York. 

And ten years since Michael left me at the airport. 

I think as I shake my head, you are happy now. He was never good enough, I thought shaking my head again. I take a deep breath and sigh, releasing the deep breath I've been holding in for awhile. Feeling slightly faint, I quickly get ready and head out into the Manhattan streets filled with cold air. 

As I pass a sea of faces I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. As soon as I see the caller ID I let out a loud sigh making even the average joe stare at me. I quickly answer and clear my voice.

"Hi Ryan" I say into the phone with an almost plastered smile.

"Hello Crystal!" He says with his ALL to grand award winning voice. "Did my lovely Co-host stop by Starbucks to get me a hot mocha latte?" He says as I can hear a little irritation in his voice. 

"Secrest, you are my Co-host number one, number two it's not my job to get you Starbucks in the morning it's Rachel's, and number three where is Rachel?" I asked almost confused as he huffed. 

"Well she called in sick and you live the closest to the shop" he said almost pleading through the phone. 

"Well I'd love to help you but I'm opening the door to the studio right now" I said sarcastically even though it was true. He sighed and let out a deep breath, well I'll just have Penny do it then, well I'll see you in a minute" he pouted as I shoved my phone in my pocket and raced up the stairs. 

My eyes soon land on Penny, and when her eyes met mine she rolled her eyes and shoved her way past me, knocking me in the shoulder. I don't understand why she hates me, I thought shaking my head, I've been doing that a lot lately I thought again but forgetting it quickly. 

Penny has that golden brown honeycomb dyed hair, and then there's me with the dull dark brown hair. she has a perfect porcelain complexion, and i have random freckles and dry spots. What really does she have to be jealous of? 

Penny has always wanted my job since the first day she started working here 3 years ago. All she wants is the money and to vask in the glory, she even talks about dating some famous guy a few years back and he gave her everything and one day she just ditched him, poor guy. I only think she likes talking about that is to get attention anyway. 

"Crystal we are on in 10 seconds" Ryan says snapping me out of my thoughts. 

"3, 2, 1..." the mic man mouths as we begin the radio show. 

Michael's Pov:

"Uno, Dos, tres, Quattro!" I scream into the mic earning thousands of screams from our fans in the Netherlands. Once we finish the song we close our show with teenage dream by Katy Perry. 

I still can believe I've been doing this since 2012 and now it's 2022 almost ten years ago. Ten years since the real last day I was actually in Sydney as a normal kid, ten years since battle of the bands, ten years since that radio interview, ten years since I've seen Crystal. 

You left her you idiot, you left her for a girl you barely knew. You left your best friend, the one and only girl you actually gave your heart to that hasn't given it back yet. 

I Thought shaking my head. She was so worth it, I thought again almost mentally slapping myself. 

"Dude are you okay?" Ashton says grabbing my shoulder as I slowly nod. 

"Yeah, yeah.." I say fading as the boys walk away.

Crystal is now in New York, I don't stalk her, well maybe I do, but for good reasons. She's created this massive Radio show with Ryan Secrest following behind her. The last time I saw her was at a radio music fest about a year ago. She was talking about how she started in Sydney and all I could think about was how gorgeous she looked in this red sleek dress. I felt like I was almost drowned in her beauty as I was 10 years ago. 

Thinking about it now just gives me goosebumps, shes the prettiest girl I know. 

And you let her go, idiot. I thought. 

We're both 27 and she's making it big while 5 Seconds of Summer is slowly fading away. Our ticket sales have dropped and we are becoming more of a fragment of the past then really indenting anything on the present so far. 

I let out a sigh I didn't even know I was keeping in, and realized I even lit a cigarette. Bad habit, I know, crystal would yell at me if she saw me smoking again. I looked at the lit bud and tossed it to the ground crushing it. I took the pack out of my pocket and threw it in the trash next to me. 

"Michael!" I heard realizing the boys were waiting for me.

"Sorry coming!" I shouted shaking me out of my unconsciousness. 

--

Well here it is! Ily all! 

New updates every week! 

Until next time, 

-ily xx