Chapter 8 - Just a Fortune.

Michael hasn't really left my house at all since we got ice cream yesterday. There has been paparazzi squatting my house since we left. I don't mind that he's here, I just wish I didn't have so much pressure on me right now. 

Michael has stayed true to his word and is really trying to regain our friendship again. I'm so relieved he's trying but in a way I'm sad. Every time I look at him laugh at something I do all I want to do is kiss him...those slow passionate ones we used to share and how my hand would slowly drag down his chest...

Oh god I feel so silly. 

I should've known that even trying to be friends with Michael would result to this. No matter what I do I'm still gonna think about kissing those same goddamned lips everytime he smiles at me. 

And I'm gonna miss what I can never have. 

"Chrissy are you okay?" Michael asks shoving a handful of popcorn in his mouth. 

Yeah I was totally just thinking about kissing you...

"Yeah I'm fine" I reply biting my lip and then returning my gaze to the tv. He shrugged and continued to watch the tv. "Um so I never got to ask but how did things with that Penelope girl work out?" I actually wanted to know the answer to this question for a while. Now I finally have the chance. 

"Well I ditched her on the airplane" he bites his lip and looks away awkwardly.

"You ditched her in Europe?" I question as he shakes his head. 

"Crystal I ditched her on the plane that was headed to Europe. Once I realized what I did was wrong I went back for you" he said quietly. 

"What?" My mouth dropped open. He can't be serious. 

"I did and by the time I found you...you were getting into a taxi and I let you go" 

"Why? Why did you let me go? You knew I-" 

"I let you go because you didn't need me. I wanted you to accomplish everything you wanted to and I knew you could...just without me" his head sinks to his chest. 

"Oh" is all I could say, but why?

"And the worst part about all of this was is I saw you all the time. I had plenty of chances to say something and I didn't. Yesterday I finally realized how much  it actually hurt you, I'm a coward" he sighs running his hands in his hair. "I should've said an awkward hello or said something random about the weather...I don't know" he rubs his eyes with the back of his hand. 

"It's not all your fault..." I trail off. "I mean I didn't see you all the time but when I saw you I'd wrap my arms around some random guy. One time I even wrapped my arms around Leonardo DiCaprio ha!" I paused. "But regardless I was a coward too" I said intertwining our fingers. He scooted closer to me on the couch and closed the space between us. 

"To be the honest one here...all I want to do is kiss you" he chuckles. "Well only because I don't want Leonardo beating me to it" that makes me laugh, really hard. 

"Well I can promise you that Leonardo hasn't come close" I laugh. 

"I mean I know you've said-" I press my lips against his, I couldn't help it. My mind tells me it's so wrong to be doing this but I don't care...I've missed his lips against mine. He pulls me into his lap and kisses me harder. He presses his lips down my neck and stops. 

"What are you-" 

"Okay I know..." he trails off catching his breath. "Before this goes on further I need to do this right" he bites his lip. "Would you go on a date with me?" He smiles as I laugh. 

"Is this because of the one time we had sex before we even went on a date?" I chuckle. 

"yes it is. I'm doing it right this time well if you comfortable with it" he rubs the back of my hand. 

"Depends when the date is" I chuckle. 

"Hm right now?" 

"Umm how are we even supposed to go anywhere?" I question as he shrugs it off.  

"I can make pasta or we can order Chinese" he says with a grin. 

"You are soooo trying to win me over with Chinese" I cross my arms. 

"I did before didn't I?" He chuckles pushing me off his lap and grabbing his phone to order takeout. The place is only down the street, but I don't feel like getting ready and facing the paps. 

"I can't believe you remembered my order" I smile. Maybe I was wrong about him never really caring if he can remember the little things. I still don't know how to feel about all of this but I know this might be right. 

"Well I remember how much you liked it so I just guessed it was still your favorite" he scratches the back of his neck. I really feel bad for the delivery boy who has to go through that swarm" he laughs peeking through the window. He shuts all the curtains in my apartment and finally comes back and sits down next to me. "You've probably never dealt with paps before have you?" 

"Um no not really, I've never gave them a reason to. I mean Thomas was-" 

"I really don't want to hear about him. He's a dick" he scootches awkwardly on the couch. 

"Okay um but yeah I've never really dealt with them" I nod. 

"Well I can tell" he finishes as the door bell rings. He opens the door and tips the sixteen year old boy before getting bombarded with flashes. Michael shits the door and sets the food down on the table. 

"I asked for a bag of fortune cookies but they only gave us one!" He pouts. I chuckle at his expense and he slides the cookie across the table to me. 

"No you can have it" I shake my head.

"Are you sure?" He asks and I nod. I don't know but each second I spend with him the sexual tension keeps growing and growing. I can see it in his eyes too, but I'm scared. 

I'm scared he'll leave me again. 

I nod and slowly eat my food and when I look up he's staring at me. "what? what does it say?" I swallow my rice. 

"Well it has lucky numbers 3, 4-" 

"Well they always have lucky numbers. Just tell me what it says" I chuckle getting up from the table and snatching the fortune from his hands. When I read it, it says-

"The person sitting across from you in this moment is the person you will spend the rest of your life with...don't be a fool" Michael says as I feel everything inside me break. I don't know...

"It-it's just a fortune" I drop the piece of paper and watch it float to the ground. 

"I don't know.." 

"Screw it" I say before kissing him.

//

Hope you liked it! 

Mystal is back on track! 

-ily xx