Chapter 5 - Paparazzi and Flashbacks

"Um I know this is awkward but-" Michael says as I cut him off.

"Can you just tell me what happened?" I paused. "I've waited ten years already" I say as he sighs.

"Okay but if you honestly wanted to know so bad then why have you been avoiding me at public functions?" He asked as I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Because I was scared" I whisper.

"About what?" He adds. "You know I'd never hurt you" 

"But you did" I bite my lip. "And the only reason I was scared is because, I didn't know if I was okay with letting you back in again" I sigh. "And I still am" 

"I was stupid and I left you, I am aware of my faults but you need to learn to leave the past in the past" he says trying to take my hand, but I rip it away from his grasp.

"Michael how can I do that when you were the only thing that ever mattered to me!" I scream as his expression changes. "My whole life I've been cast away from the world, my school wanted nothing to do with me, my family left me, and then you left...I had nothing. You have everything, Popularity, family, friends, you even had me..." I sob.

"I know it wasn't fair but-"

"And you know what the best part about all of that was? Is that you finally set my mind straight" I pause.

"Really?" He says as I grit my teeth.

"You finally made me realize that I always lived under your shadow" I spit looking up at him in anger. "and since that day at the airport, I knew that I would never let you define me or anyone of that matter" I say as he gets up.

"I didn't mean what I said at the airport, I was so wrong about you-" he paused staring at his feet. "I knew you could achieve this, all of this, and I thought you would be better in a world not surrounded by me" 

"So you thought I'd be better off without you? As you can see my life is a screwed up mess without you" I bite my lip, not realizing what I said. "I date a guy who I don't even like just to forget the god awful pain of remembering you, I haven't done anything that I ever did with you-"  I say as he cuts my off.

"Your saying you haven't eaten razzles?" He says touching my arm making me shiver. 

"No I haven't, I haven't seen a beach in ten years, haven't gotten ice cream, and I hate the rain so much it just makes me want to-" he tugs on the hem of my shirt and kisses me. I pull away and just stare at him blankly.

"Too soon?" He questions as I shake my head. 

"No, it's just that-" I say kissing him again. "I haven't kissed you in so long" I say as he kisses just below my ear. "We shouldn't" I say breathlessly.

"Ugh god it's like we're in your mom's house again" he says lifting my leg up to his side.

"No, no, no." I say putting my hand against his chest. 

Flash

"Oh god" I say as more cameras flash outside my window. I quickly reach for the curtain and shut it. "You have to go" I say covering my mouth.

"I can't go now, there's a swarm of paps outside! It'll only make it worse if I leave" he argues.

"It'll be just as worse if you don't" I argue back as he sighs. "Fine but you stay on the couch and once it's morning you have to leave" I say as he nods. 

"Fine" he rolls his eyes.

I go upstairs and collect some pillows, and a blanket. I have this odd feeling in my stomach, or maybe it's my heart slowly melting from its frozen contour. 

"Okay um got you these-" I say as I look up and see him only in his boxers. I put my hands on my hips as he shrugs.

"What?" He smirks. "It's not like you haven't seen me naked" 

"It's been almost a decade so I bet your just as shriveled up as your career" I laugh as he puts his hand on his chest.

"Ouch. God manhattan has changed you" he chuckles.

"Main represent" I smile as he looks down at his feet.

"It really hasn't been the same without you, I'm glad were doing this" he smiles genuinely making me melt.

"Night Mike" I laugh heading up the stairs.

"Night Chrissy" he says as I stop for a second, I am taken back by his words. The only person who I let call me that, it makes me remember when he first said it to me.

"Michael come on, that's couple stuff" I say while I eat my mint ice cream. 

"But I guess we kinda are, we spend a lot of time together" he says as I nod.

"But why do I need a nickname?" I ask.

"Because when people make nicknames it means that they truely care about someone" he says fiddling with his fingers.

"Michael I think it means that your lazy to call me buy my real name" I laugh.

"Okay, okay, but I'm gonna call you Chrissy regardless" he shrugs.

"Then I can call you Mikey" I say as his face turns red.

"My mom calls me that!" He blushes.

"I'm gonna call you Mikey regardless" I giggle as he sighs.

We were only nine, and since we knew each other for 3 years, I let it slide. It was the cutest thing Michael ever did to me, to give me a nickname only he knew.

"Crystal, are you okay?" Michael asked. 

"Um yeah uh I just remembered something" I pause. "Goodnight" I clear my throat, heading up the stairs and into my room.

-

I wake up in the morning to a fresh scent of coffee filling my nostrils. I stretch out onto my bed and scratch my neck as I let out an uncontrollable smile. I throw on a large tee shirt and head down stairs.

"Good Morning" Michael smiles as I rub my eyes.

"Hey" I laugh grabbing a coffee cup from down the cupboard.

"Aye I'm gonna do it" he chuckles snatching the cup from out of my hand. 

"Is this like an apology breakfast or something?" I question as he hops up on the counter.

"Partly, and because I love you" he grins.

"Michael what do the tabloids say?" I say not falling for it.

"I really really love you, and I think you shouldn't worry about it" he says grabbing my wrist and pressing me up against the counter. He softly kisses me, and from behind him I see a tabloid. I break this kiss and make a run for it, but he grabs me by the hips and throws him over his shoulder.

"Oh no you don't" he says. "Hm I always knew my best friend had a nice ass" he chuckles.

"Set me down Clifford" I say as he sets me down on the couch and hovers over my body. He starts to tickle my sides as I let out a shriek. 

"Please just let me see it Mikey!" I giggle as I start to run out of breath. 

"Okay fine but are you sure?" He asks holding the magazine behind his back.

"Yes I'm sure" I say as he plops it on my lap and sits down next to me.

*Radio Rebel Scandal*

Is Crystal Bleakley finally showing her Rebellious side with 5SOS Band Member Michael Clifford? 

*full story and pictures inside! Buzzfeed Exclusive! 

Oh god what am I gonna do...

//

Hope you liked it!

-ily xx