Chapter 7 - Mint Ice Cream

We sit in silence as Michael drives us to the ice cream shop. I feel very anxious and don't know what to do with myself. I'm so nervous I might puke. I've never been this close to Michael in a while and I'm starting worry. 

"Um I have no idea where I'm going to can you tell me where to go?" He asks snapping me out of my thoughts. 

"Oh" I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. "Just turn here and make a right" I say softly. 

"Crystal you don't have to act so closed off you know" he looks over to me. I don't reply, I just sit in silence. "Look I know I hurt you...but you know it's okay to talk to your ex" he puts his hand gently on my leg. 

"I know it's just...oh here it is" I'm glad the ice cream shop came into view because I really didn't want to finish that sentence. I take a deep breath as we get out of the car, I start to panic a little and I feel myself starting to shake. 

"Crystal are you okay?" Michael asks as I place my hand on the hood of his car to regain my balance. "Crystal!" He says running to my aid just as I feel my knees give out, he holds my body. 

"I can't do this..." I trail off remembering everything when we were little, all those times he would take me to an ice cream shop and get me my favorite mint chocolate chip ice cream. How I met him at and ice cream shop, then my mind flashes how he kissed me there, and then it flashes him leaving me...stranded all alone at the airport. "I can't...I can't!" I shake my head repeatedly as tears stream down my face. 

[Michael]

I look at her fragile body below me, she looks so lost...so broken. I never knew how much I actually hurt her until now. 10 years...I'm such an asshole. I should've talked to her, or at least tried when I saw her all those times but none of it matters now. 

I've made my choices and each choice slowly picked at her and made her so vulnerable and distraught.  

She shakes under my touch and she can't even look at me. People look at her like she's crazy, all I want to do is punch them for looking at her like that. 

Even in her ruin she's the most beautiful woman alive...

I don't know what to say to her so I hug her tightly. I know she doesn't want a relationship with me right now, but I know she needs a friend more then ever. 

"I can't, I cant!" She cries as I feel my face start to get wet. I know I'm crying now. My awful self finally sees what I do to people. I tear them to pieces and the memories we've shared together haunt her instead of putting a smile on her face. 

"Shh..I know" I sniffle. "Why don't you just sit in the car okay? I'll get you your ice cream okay? Will that make you feel better?" I say into her hair and she lets go with a simple nod. 

{Crystal}

When Michael returns he hands me my ice cream. I look at the cup of mint ice cream and gulp. I take a bite and I feel everything inside me relax. 

"I'm sorry for bringing you here...I shouldn't have" he shakes his head. "I'm sorry Crystal, I've just been so selfish.." he trails off. When I turn my head to him, I notice his eyes are puffy...he's been crying. 

"I want things to go back the way they were and I haven't been thinking about how you still felt. I'm sorry, I know you don't want to be with me at the moment so I'm willing to be friends. I want you to be my friend, like when I'd crush you on the couch at my house or when you'd ask me how you looked...I want that, I really do" he cries, I can't look at him like this...he never cries. 

"Okay" I reply softly as he looks up at me. 

"Really?" His eyes light up. 

"Always" I softly smile, feeling my eyes starting to water again. "I'll always say yes Mikey" I chuckle a little. 

"So I can call you Chrissy again?" He asks with a bright smile. 

"Yes" I laugh.

"Thank god" he laughs. 

The whole ride home he can't stop saying Chrissy...

//

Hope you liked it! 

I'm gonna be updating this a lot bc I love this story sm. I was crying during this...ughhhhhh 

As always, 

-ily xx