Chapter 10 - letting go

"Why didn't you look back?" He asks as we pull out of my driveway.

"Because then i was so angry how you chose her over me, I was jealous and on top of that...my family left me. You were all I had left and you gave up on me too. So I swore then and there, I would never look back. I would only push forward and i would never rely on anyone again" I pause looking out the window. "Along with all of this fantastic fortune I was blessed with, I struggle severely with depression, a serious eating disorder...and so much fucking shit" I sigh.

"This was all my fault.." he trails off. "I had no idea how much pain I caused you-"

"It wasn't your fault. I was the one who never let go of the past and let it control my actions" I sigh. "But I guess something good came out of it, I mean I have a fantastic job and I guess now I have you"

"So we're together again?" He asks.

Are we? Technically yes...but will he hurt me again?

I have to finally let go of the past. It was 10 years ago, but am I ready?

"I'm not sure yet, I want to be but let's just focus on the tribute special. We're leaving for Australia in two days and we have the next three weeks before the show to catch up so maybe we should wait to see how it goes" I shrug.

"Okay yeah, I get it" he nods, Turing his gaze out the window.

-

"Now for the surprise I've been waiting to tell you guys all week!" I say into my Mic.

"Radio Rebel is going to Australia!" Me and the boys scream into the mic.

"Come see 5 Seconds of Summer on our tribute special in our homeland of Australia!" Michael says.

"Also come meet Crystal herself along with the Radio Rebellion crew in her first ever special where she shows where she came from!" Calum says.

"Tune in to Radio Rebellion fm within the next 3 weeks to get all exclusive content about the show, about us as a band, and more importantly more about the Rebel herself" Ash says.

"We can't wait to see you there! And don't forget to check out RadioRebellionfm.com for more dates, tickets, and info. We love you guys and we hope you come and support 5SOS at our week long tribute special in Sydney" Luke finishes.

"You heard it right rebels! Check us out on social media for more exclusive content such as pictures and
Live video streams on the special. We love you guys and we can't wait to see you in Sydney!" I say, turning off the On Air light and turning on a series of 5SOS hits.

"Alright guys, that's a rap!" I squeal, as we all hug, like how it was 10 years ago. It was almost like time never got the best of us, I wasn't a 28 year old radio station host and producer, I was 18 again with all of these idiots...and I loved that.

"After that, I really can't wait to go back to Sydney with you guys" I smile, a genuine one, one that I haven't felt for a while.

"Aww!" Ashton cries. "We love you too" he guys back tighter.

"I hate to break up the family reunion, but we need to talk about a few things before you all leave." Ryan said, always being the professional one.

"Alright Mr. Bossypants. What is It? Throw me your pitch." I say.

"Well first off, somebody has to be here in New York keeping the station Rolling while your gone. So I was thinking I could with a few guest hosts while you're taking care of things in Australia" he says as I nod.

"That's a solid idea Secrest." I say. "Who do you think could fill in with you?"

"Well I was hoping you knew, but we need someone who is funny, brings a general crowd, and can spice things up" he says.

"Would one direction be up for reuniting?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Oh my goodness I'm dying if you do that I would be thrilled!!!" Ryan says as I laugh.

"Actually that pitch was for the special. I need you to call one direction, Shawn Mendes, and Charlie Puth. They will be joining us on our week tribute tour in Australia." I say laughing, slightly crushing his fangirl dreams.

"Um okay... Penny why aren't you writing this down! What are you getting paid for!" Ryan says.

"I don't get paid.." she trails off.

"Oh well, still write it down" he says feeling slightly guilty.

"And for you, since I'm gracious, everyone that is touring with us will host with you for a few days before they meet with us in Australia." I smile, as he starts fangirling.

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!"

"Hey calm down. You've met them before Secrest" I chuckle.

"So!!! I still get excited!" He says trying to calm himself down. "Now where were we?"

"Planning for the tribute?" I laugh.

"Ohhh! Can we do lines of food trucks?" Michael says as I nod.

"We can, but one thing at a time" I laugh as he puts a fist in the air.

"Well Crystal, you need someone with you since I won't be there, so I suggest Penny" he says as I frown.

"I'm sure I'll be fine. I have the boys" I said as they all nodded.

"She should be fine Ryan" Michael says from behind me and grabs my shoulders and rubs them.

"Actually maybe it will give me a chance to prove myself, I want to hopefully work here one day like for real" she says smiling.

"Well it's settled then. Penny is going" Ryan says.

Great. Someone who hates me is coming with me. Just Great.

//

Thanks for reading. I'm actually going to start posting more for this story because I have more free time. Also I desire to finish it and see how it goes. Love you all!

-ily xx