Chapter 2 - Chinese and Second Chances

A/N: Sorry for not updating! Exams are coming, and most of that are reading this according to my stats are too 😂✌🏻️

Shoutout to 5_sos_4_life check out her amazing stories! Also shoutout to Rhythmwithlove! (Thank you for following!) We all know her and love her amazing fanfiction. If you don't, then check her out as well.

-

After a long day of working in the station, I drive home in my car with my stomach growling. Today I had a double shift, when I have a double shift it leaves me with little time to even eat lunch. I pull up in my driveway and hurry inside. I plop myself down on the couch and shut my eyes for a minute.

Beep beep

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, I take a look and I got a text from my boyfriend Thomas.

From: Thomas😘

Hey are you doing anything tonight? 

I quickly replied back.

To: Thomas😘

No not rn... do you want to come over and have dinner? (Maybe a movie?) 

From: Thomas😘

Is Chinese cool? And no movie, you know how I don't like watching that garbage.

To: Thomas😘

Well I mean I was thinking Pizza....and what do you Suppose we do then?😒

From: Thomas😘 

Pizza is disgusting Crystal. How about we just hang out?

Thomas and I are bipolar opposites, but I like him. I really can't understand why we really don't have a lot in common. He doesn't like movies, he doesn't like pizza, he is outrageously serious all the time, but he is sweet, kind, thoughtful, there is a lot more pros then cons when it comes to our relationship, well at least I think..

To: Thomas😘

I'm cool with whatever okay? I'll see you soon.

I really didn't want to argue with him, it was pointless. I'd rather spend time with him then argue over what we're eating. I don't mind Chinese, it's my second favorite food next to pizza, but whenever we hangout that's literally all we eat.

I quickly get up from the couch and race upstairs to my bedroom. My apartment is relatively big for just one person, but I like the extra space. Once I get into my room I put on Thomas' large sweatshirt. I touch up my make up a bit and put on shorts that were completely unnoticeable under the humungous sweatshirt.

After 15 minutes pass I hear the doorbell ring. I race down the stairs and open the door swiftly. 

"Hey babe" he smiles and kisses my lips lightly. "I got your favorite, Almond Chicken!" He chuckled.

"Really? I haven't had that since our first date" I said excitedly. Thomas and I have been dating for 4 and a half years now, it doesn't seem that long but it really has been that long.

"Well because it's one of the most expensive things on the Menu" he laughs as we both plop down on the couch. 

"Now I'm actually happy about have Chinese food for dinner" I smile and peck his lips.

"Me too" he smiles widely.

Michael's Pov:

I sit in bed and watch the hours pass by as I stare off into space. The only thing that's been on my mind for a while now is Crystal. I wonder if she's by herself, or if she's moved on, I wonder so many times how I did her wrong. I wonder if we're both looking at the same pale sky, or if she's looking at the while glow of the moon. I wonder if she's happy, or if she's sad, or if she's even the slightest mad. If she's replaced me with someone else and he sleeps with her every night in her bed. Does he hold her tightly like I did, does he make her laugh so hard she snorts, does he look at her and know in that single moment that this is all that he will ever want is her...just like I did.

Does he find her cuddled up into his chest and feel no regret of finding her. Does he simply sing her to sleep and wonder if she's dreaming about him. Does he tuck her stray hairs away from her face before he kisses her and looks desperately into her hazel eyes and kiss her passionately. 

These are all the most wonderful things I gave up so easily ten years ago. If I could erase what I did then she wouldn't be disappointed. I let her there with tears in her eyes with a feeling I can't explain. If she only knew that I'd be wondering all these things, she'd reject me, and forget me just like I knew she would. 

If only I ran back and been the hero I was supposed to be, then she'd be next to me. If I wasn't an idiot then maybe I'd be happy, instead of jumping from girl to girl across every continent and drowning my feelings by getting drunk and being banned from every bar across the entire continent as well. 

If it was meant to be then maybe I'd get a second chance  

Ring Ring

I look down at my phone and the ID is labeled UNKNOWN CALLER ID and the number looked like it came from New York. I quickly answer it.

"Hello? Michael Clifford speaking" I say crossing my arms. 

"Hey just the guy I was looking for! This is Ryan Secrest the Co- Host from Radio Rebel, I was wondering if you knew that you were coming down to New York for your Tribute special? It's kinda a last hoorah for the band" he said vividly. 

"Wait? I didn't know we were coming to New York? When?" I asked as he laughed.

"Oh in like 3 days or so is when you arrive but the tribute isn't until a week or so after" he said as I sighed. "Well or we could host it in Australia, you know it would be a great spot for the tribute"

"Um Sure! Yeah it would be great to be back in my homeland" I say as he laughs.

"Okay then. We'll have to reschedule the tribute date, but I'm still going to have the band fly down here so we can plan and get everything settled. Sound good?" He says.

"Yes of course! Thank you!" I say filled with excitement. He hangs up and I take a deep breath.

"Wait! If Ryan's going to be there then Crystal will be there for sure!" I shouted into the vacant air as I smiled from ear to ear.

//

How will Crystal feel about all of this? 

Thanks for reading! 

Pls fav and comment!

As always, 

-ily xx