Chapter 3 - Roast Matches and Old Sores

I haven't gone to work for three days do to the food poisoning I got from the Chinese food from the other night. I'm pretty sure Ryan is in heaven right now having the whole desk to himself. Today is the day I'm finally ready to come back to work. 

It's Christmas Day and yesterday I spent the whole day alone because Thomas didn't want to get sick. I still have a bit of a runny nose but I know that right now my life is dedicated to the people of America. 

I change into a long warm red cardigan and a white long sleeved shirt underneath with a sequined candy cane on the front. I put on a pair of black leggings and my long knee high boots. I curl the tips of my hair and line my eyes with black eyeliner, and some simple eyeshadow. Once I'm finished I grab  my purse and my coat and head out into the blistering December air. 

I drive down to the studio, realizing it is way to cold to walk down the street from my apartment. Once I pull up to the studio I see huge limousines and screaming girls up and down the sidewalks for miles. I get out of my car and I see Ryan smiling from the fifth floor and waving frantically. I race up to the front and show the guard my pass. 

"Hey Crystal how's your day!" Ernie says.

"It's actually great, do you know what's going on?" I said as he smiles.

"Ryan says there's a special guest here, he told me I'm not allowed to tell you" he says with a chuckle. 

"Oh Ryan always thinks he's the boss" I smirk. 

"Well I'd hurry up inside miss before these girls tear you to pieces" he pauses shifting me inside the doors. "Merry Christmas Ms. Bleakley!" Yells as I wave back. 

Now it's time to find that bloody bastard.

"Ryan!" I yell hitting the elevator up button. Once I reach the 5th floor I see shitloads of people surrounded by Ryan. "Ryan" I say again as the crowd goes silent. 

"Hey Chrissy!" He says fiddling with his fingers nervously.

"What are you hiding? You never call me Chrissy, Secrest." I said suspiciously as the room clears out. Everyone knows this is going to get ugly. 

"Um and you never say my last name unless your mad or just feeling it" he half smiles backing away.

"Tell me what's going on, what are you hiding?" I say becoming nose to nose with my co-host.

Michael?" Penny my co-worker said as I stopped in my tracks.

Penny was always the one to make fun of me and tease me. what kind of scared me is that she could agree more with Ryan. I mwan it is my show after all, but sometimes i wonder qhy she never liked me, well at least I've noticed, from the constant snares and dirty looks, i mean who wouldn't? 

Penny has that golden brown honeycomb dyed hair, and then there's me with the dull dark brown hair. she has a perfect porcelain complexion, and i have random freckles and dry spots. not to mention its been ten years since I've seen Michael Clifford, and I'd rather not. I've spent my entire radio career trying to stay away from him, including telling my radio co-host Ryan Secrest that i was sick to skip the encounters. 

"Penny what are you-" i said unable to finish my words, i see Ryan shaking Michael's hand. 

"Crystal, I'd like you to meet-" Ryan says as i cut him off. 

"I know who he is Ryan" i say angrily, his words stop and confusion appears on his awestruck-en face.

"and i am just leaving" i say as Michael grabs my arm.

"Surprise!" The rest of the boys said walking out of the Mic room.

"Michael! We agreed we wanted to surprise her!" Ashton says as Michael rolls his eyes.

"Nope, nope back away" I said pushing Michael away and covering my face with a pillow. 

"Come on it's been a lifetime!" I hear Ashton as he picks me up from the floor with a massive hug. He snatches the pillow from my face and hugs me tighter.

"Hi Ash" I giggle.

"There she is!" He says putting me down. "Look at my baby, so grown up and brainwashing teenagers with her witty sarcasm" he fake tears up as calum walks up and eyes me up and down.

"Well you're still hot" he laughs.

"Well thanks but I just got done being sick and my red nose proves it" I chuckle as he hugs me. Luke comes up behind and gives me a devilish smile.

"Lucifer" I laugh as picks me up from off the ground and spins me around. 

"You do not know how much I've missed you" he whispers in my ear. "And kissing you" he snickers.

"Aye I've got a boyfriend" I laugh. 

"Whoa wait Chrissy's got a man! Sorry mate she's taken" Luke says directly at the platinum blonde guitarist I used to know. I guess I didn't know how much I didn't know him until he left me at the airport.

"Shh-Shut up Luke" I stutter pushing him aside and finally meeting Michael face to face after 10 years. "You changed your hair" I breathe. 

"Your breasts got bigger" he said meeting my gaze.

"Says who? It's just your lack of memory" I said putting my hands on my hips.

"Maybe, but maybe it's your lack of noticing" he said biting his lip. 

"Well Ten years can sure change a person especially after being with you" I huff. "Anyway why are you guys here?"

"Well we are in New York to finalize our tribute special in Australia in a few weeks" Ashton says.

"Yeah that's the surprise! You are coming with us!" Luke says excitedly. I look over and glare at Ryan.

"Seriously? You signed me up for this? With him!" I point at Michael. "This is my show and I'm not-"

"Crystal whether you like it or not Michael is part of one of the most famous rock bands in the world. Little do you know, Sony is thinking about cutting your station because of the lack of listeners. Sure you might be pulling in the young listeners but you also need to be pulling in more of a diverse range of listeners. I'm not letting you skip another opportunity to be the greatest reporter, producer, and radio station host I know." He pauses. "Plus you'll get millions of viewers and listeners not only from the band, but you'll also get millions of viewers and listeners by shedding a little light on what your homeland was like and by showing people who you really are beyond the Mic. What do you say?" He says in front of them.

"Fine. But I'm doing this for these guys" I pause pointing to luke, ash, and calum. "Not him." I look at Michael.

"Fair enough" Michael says and Ryan agrees.

"So is that a yes?" Ashton asks.

"Yeah. I guess it's a yes" I smile as Ash, Calum, and Luke all bring it in for a group hug. I chuckle and then look at Michael, who is just smiling lightly to himself and then he looks at me. I drop my gaze and laugh with the other boys.

"How about I have you all come over tonight? My treat" I say. "Consider it a welcome to New York" I smile to the boys.

//

Maybe two chaps today! Merry Christmas! 

Hope you liked it! 

As always, 

-ily xx