Chapter 3

Today was Saturday. I hadn't run into Sam at school. I actually hadn't seen him since Wednesday evening. My mom's birthday was in a week so I decided to head to the mall to pick out a present. I hopped in the shower and was out in twenty minutes. I brushed out my hair, towel dried it, and sprayed in some of my sea salt spray. I brushed my teeth and headed to my closet. I pulled on my hot pink ombre shorts and tucked in my flowy white tank top. I moved into the bathroom and started on my makeup. I put on some foundation and mascara and was done. I grabbed my white flip flops and skipped down the stairs. I hopped on my bike and rode down to the mall.

Once I had reached the mall my stomach was growling so I stopped into Starbucks after locking up my bike. I got a chocolate chip cookie and a tall caramel frappe. I pulled my phone out and logged into Instagram, taking a quick picture of my food. I normally didn't do it but I did just to be funny. Right as I was about to get up to leave I saw someone familiar walk in. It was Sam. On my way out the door I waved at him and he smiled back.

First stop for birthday shopping was JC Penny's. I picked out a cute thin knit purple sweater with jewels sewn around the collar and fanning out. Then, I grabbed a pair of dark jeans and cute earrings that matched the shirt. I took a trip inside Bath and BodyWorks to pick out some Cashmere Glow body spray and I was done. As I was leaving the mall and walked out to my bike I saw Sam and Kian walk out after me. I unlocked my bike and began putting the bags on my handlebars.

"Hey Mel, wanna ride? We're in Kian's truck so you can put your bike in the back," Sam offered. I debated, possibly awkward ride home or juggling bags.... "Sure, if it's not too much of a bother," I smiled. "Here I'll take your bike," he offered as I grabbed the last bag off the handlebars. "So what did you buy?" he said making small talk as we walked to Kian's truck. "Just some stuff for my mom for her birthday," I replied as we approached the truck. It was huge. Sam opened the tailgate and lifted my bike in and I tossed the bags in afterwards. He opened up the door to the backseat and helped me in since it was so high up off the ground. Being short had its disadvantages. He laughed a little at my struggle trying to reach my foot in. I finally got in but my flip flop fell off. "Oi!" I exclaimed as I began to  climb back down to get it. "Here you are m'lady," Sam said as he slipped my shoe back on. "Thanks," I blushed. "You two lovebirds ready to go?" Kian asked. "Yup!" Sam popped the "p" as he hopped in the passenger seat. Kian's comment made me wonder. Does Sam like me? Nah, I quickly pushed away the thought. It was only friendly flirting. He goes for the super model types. My thoughts were soon interrupted by Kian, "I wasn't paying attention when we took your mom home last night, how do I get to your house?" "Actually, I was wondering if you would be interested in helping us film a new video today," Sam interjected. "Well I'm not too skilled at filming but I'll do what I can," I offered. "Okay, to my house it is," Kian said making a U turn.

Once we arrived at Kian's house I followed the boys upstairs to Kian's room. "So I was thinking we could film a music video," Kian offered. "What song? Maybe Trouble by Never Shout Never. Or  we could do Marry You by Bruno Mars." Sam questioned. "You choose Melanie," Kian turned towards me. "Well I like Marry You," I replied. "Lets get started then!" Sam smiled at me.

We went out side to start filming. It seemed as if Sam was lip singing to me instead of the camera. He was so adorable!

Sam's POV

We went outside and started filming. I would start off looking at the camera, but my eyes would wander up to meet Mel's. I needed to keep focused if the video was gonna turn out right. She was just so beautiful. She was so bubbly and adorable. She deserved better than me though. someone who was smart like her. I wouldn't be good for her. At least I didn't have to worry about Kian going out with her though. They can't date if they're siblings. I just have to keep her away from the rest of O2L.

Well once we finished filming Kian was gonna drive us home. Melanie was in the bathroom though. "You like her," Kian snickered. "Do not," I argued. "Sure...." Kian teased. "Okay, maybe I do. But she'll never go for me. She's smart and adorable. I'm just some punk kid," I frowned. "You're blind, man. She can't keep her eyes off you. She constantly smiling around you," Kian countered. "Really? Maybe I'll tell her," I blushed. "How about on Wednesday when she goes over to your house," Kian offers. "That's perfect! Thanks bro," I beamed right as Mel walked in. "Ready to go?" she asked.