Chapter 32

We hopped in Jane's car and drove to McDonalds. We got McChickens and Carmel frappes.

"Does Sam know about Jack?" she asked as we turned into the parking lot of the bowling alley. "About that," I sighed, "We broke up, I think...."

"When did this happen?" she practically yelled. "I got home and Sam found his number in my pocket and flipped out," I responded monotone. "So, have you talked to Jack?" she pulled into a parking spot. "Yeah, we went mini golfing yesterday," I smiled.

"A little soon?" she questioned. "It wasn't a date, technically," I joked. "So you're already over Sam?" she started at me. "I guess," I shrugged, "I don't know. Should I be? He's already moved on."

"Enough with this depressing talk," she pokes my arm before undoing her seatbelt, "Lets go bowling."

I unbuckle myself and follow her lead, getting out of the car. We link arms and make our way to the door. We got some bowling shoes and took them to our lane.

After lacing up, we separated on search for bowing balls. I looked up from the case of balls to see Kian and Sam walk in with some of their friends.

"Great," I mumbled sarcastically as I grabbed a ball and made my way back the the lane. "Just ignore them," Jane consoled, noticing Sam and his friends.

I looked up and we made eye contact before Sam whipped out his phone and texted someone with a smile on his face.

I stood up and grabbed my ball before rolling it down the alley. Strike!

I sat back down and Jane went. A couple minutes later the skank from Sam's picture showed up. She pranced over to Sam and planted one on his lips.

"Oh, he's called for war!" Jane exclaimed as she walked over to me after her turn, "Text Jack and see if he has a friend." I laughed before pulling out my phone and texting Jack.

Me: Hey! Wanna hit the bowling alley?

Jack: Sure, what time?

Me: I already over here with my friend Jane, you should bring a friend ;)

Jack: Sounds great we'll be right over :)

"He's bring a friend," I winked at Jane as I went up and bowled a second strike. "One more and you'll have a turkey!" she laughed as she passed me to go up for her turn.

A couple minutes went by before the door opened and Jack walked through with his friend. I nudged Jane. "What do ya think about blondie," I asked her as the walked over to the counter to get shoes. She giggled and smacked my arm.

The boys walked over and Jack approached me, pulling me into a warm embrace. I glace over at Sam who looks mad. Jack steps back, "This is my friend Jack." "And this is my friend Jane," I smile gesturing towards her.

We restarted our game and added the boys to the board. Let me tell ya, he may stink at mini golf, but he was pretty good at bowling. He was my main competition.

I sat down next to him as Jane went up for her turn. "You look so adorable when your concentrating," he whispers in my ear and it sends shivers over my body. I smiled and turned to face him. "You're a lot better bowler than golfer," I teased.

He smiled and kissed the top of my head before getting up to bowl his turn. Butterflies erupted in my stomach.

Before I knew it, the game was over and Jack had beat me by a hair. His smile was just so cute. Losing was worth it.