Chapter 2: Double Trouble

The sound coming from the bell that rang produced a long shrill grrhh. The patients covered their ears with their palms while it lasted. It was deafening.

That was the bell that woke every patient up for the day's activity. With sleepy eyes, Krymson looked at the clock in her room. 7:00am.

Her roommate was Caroline. Caroline had been awake even before the bell rang. She was reading the novel Ms Carter told them all to read.

"Boring novel." She was tired of reading stuffs that didn't make any sense to her. She cursed under her breath and threw the novel under her bed.

"Morning." Krymson greeted Caroline. She had forgotten Caroline was fond of not responding to people's greetings.

Caroline stared at her without replying. Krymson got the signal and headed towards the bathroom. She needed to bathe quickly.
In the bathroom, she thought of her parents, wondered where they would be. If they still loved her, if they still watched over her. She was fighting to hold back her tears when she heard someone banging the door of the bathroom. She was yet to bath.

It was Caroline. "krym Krym just be fast or is a guy with you in there?" She giggled softly.

"No."

"Then hurry up."

Krymson, Ruby, Steven, Matt, Justin, Naomi, Emmanuel, Nicole, Gail, Caroline, Kevin and Lucian were known as group A in the therapy home. Ms Carter and Mr Webb were in charge of group A. Ms Carter was the head, Mr Webb was her assistant.

ARGENT'S therapy home was founded in California in the year 1999, June 15. It was formed by Mr and Mrs Argent, a couple who took care of sick and emotionally downtrodden individuals. After their death in 2002 during a fire outbreak, it become desolate.

During their years of running the business, they were quite successful. They had a therapist, Mr Walker who was also caught in the fire. The patients they had wasn't as numerous but with the fees each patient paid them, they were able to develop their therapy home. Nobody knew the source of the fire but the Argents, Mr Walker and some patients weren't too lucky to have escaped.

In 2003, a man was able to revive the therapy home with the money in his possession. He employed various staff to manage the therapy home. The business began booming again. After his death his son took over.

Mr Bale, the boss took over from his father.

Nicole and Gail sat in their room bored. They were thinking of how to escape again.

"We would never go back to her when we get outta here." Nicole was always the mastermind of every escape scheme. She was the first twin.

"Why? She's our mom."

"Stop talking like an idiot. She would turn us in again just like she did the last time." This time, Nicole wanted to be cautious. They had made the same mistake four times. She didn't want a fifth time.

"Any plans?" Gail asked. She didn't have anything else to say.

"When we get to our new apartment, I will let you know. I need to scan the area." Nicole smiled.

"And dad?"

"Gail, we have nothing to do with him anymore." Nicole sat closer to her sister and put her arm around her shoulder. "He's partially the reason we are here. When we get out of this damned place, we would forget about those failures and start a new life."

Gail hugged her sister tightly. Nicole was the only person she had left.

Lunch time came. The bell rang again signifying it was time for lunch. Various groups came out to assemble in the kitchen area.