Chapter 13: After all

The man wasn't found after the cops searched all they could. Justin was handcuffed and taken away.
Ms Carter stood outside looking at the mansion she dreaded.

Steven held Nicole's hand smiling. He was very happy to know they didn't lose their lives.
Gail and Krymson held each other's hand. She could see her sister and Steven were in love but she wondered how he could identify them individually. He knows his girlfriend. She smiled.

Emmanuel dreams of going back to his normal life would soon be fulfilled. He was thinking of the things he would do after he leaves the therapy home. Everything would be back. His family, his friends, his studies. Life would be sweet again.

The man was never caught. The mansion was sealed up and was out of bounds after recovering some properties of the people who made it out and packing out the dead bodies. A lot of cops stepped in to clean the dirty mess.

Mr Webb was seen after the whole scenario. The cops questioned him. He went to visit his sick mother. He admitted he was guilty of not informing them because he was in a hurry. It was an emergency.

After investigations, Mr Webb was allow to go. His claims of his sick mom were indeed true.

The night was a night never to forget. A night when they had to be silent as well as apply their senses. Only five patients walked out alive with their therapist after being betrayed.

Three Months Later:
"I love you Steven." She held his hands and looked into his eyes.

He smiled. "I love you too."

Gail walked out of their home. "Hey! Love birds." She was carrying of tray containing three glasses of juice. She sat on the green grass and offered them a glass.

"Thanks to Steven, we know that silence can indeed be golden." Nicole laughed.

Gail sipped her drinking nodding. "I wonder if you'd obey that."

"Of course I will."

The three sat outside discussing when Ms Sage came in. She smiled at them all with tears in her eyes. "Your father would be out of jail tomorrow."

The twins hugged their mom while Steven stood aside watching the happy moments.

"We're now complete. Hurray!" Nicole jumped happily. She was glad to have her father back. She didn't feel the hatred she felt for him previously. People make mistakes. Some are lucky to learn from their mistakes while some are not. She hoped her father had learnt his lesson the hard way. No need blaming him for their predicaments. They chose to be like him when they could have been different.

Gail was equally happy. This was the happy home she hoped for. Steven was also a part of them now. She thought of Ms Carter and smiled. What a therapist! Surely surely, she would never forget the woman who instilled a lot of knowledge in her. A woman of esteem and character.

Ms Sage wiped her tears with a face towel. She missed her family. All the years she spent on her knees praying were not in vain. All the years she cried out to God was not in vain. He heard her and answered all her prayers.

"Why don't we organize a welcome party for him?" Steven suggested happily.

"You're right. With cakes..."

"And with candies."

"You're much bigger than candies now."

"Okay, I get it..."

They all held hands as they walked inside.

Krymson sat in her room writing in her diary.
Dear Diary,
I'm happy to be back home. I miss the twins, Steven, Emmanuel and Ms Carter. The strongest people I've met. I hope to meet them again. I also miss my second home, the therapy home. I missed the smashed potatoes. I'd visit some other time. Dear Caroline, my best friend rest in peace wherever you are. To all my dead friends, rest in peace as well.

Her aunt Becca who used to be the devil became angelic after her return.

"Krymson darling, come down for dinner."

Krymson came down to eat when her aunt held her hands with head bowed in shame.

"Krymson I'm sorry for everything I've ever done to you. I was thinking. I was just depressed for not having any kids. Your uncle wasn't helping matters in our childless status. I'm sorry. My heart bled anytime I thought of you in the therapy home without a loved one."

Krymson remembered Ms Carter's words...Krymson honey, do not dwell in the past...

She couldn't believe her aunt vomited all those words. She has really changed and she was happy to be in a changed home.

"Aunt Becca. I forgive you and I love you." They embraced each other and sat down to have dinner. Her uncle wasn't around yet.

"Krymson I also wanted to tell you that I'm pregnant." Aunt Becca said just as they were about to eat dinner.

Krymson was so excited. Very excited. Everything was balanced now.

Emmanuel couldn't hide his excitement when he was informed by his parents that he would going back to school.
Dreams come true! From a terrifying experience to a happy moment. He never forgot his colleagues at the therapy home. After all, he was out.
Ms Carter was a remarkable lady. Brave and encouraging.
She made him what he is.
I would make her proud. He looked outside the window.

Ms Carter just finished writing her resignation letter. She walked into the therapy home and handed it over to her boss. He didn't want to let Ms Carter go. He couldn't hold her back as well. It was her decision.

"I can't tell you how sad I am that you are leaving." Mr Bale looked down at his shoes.

"I know but I have to."

"I wish you nothing less than the best in all your endeavours."

"Thanks." She left his office. Her stay at the therapy home was over. She smiled with satisfaction.
She was planning on leaving California to meet her family who she hadn't seen for a while now.

Without a doubt, she would miss her patients dearly. She thought of all the moments she had with them. Nothing really lasts forever.

She was sure she left a good mark on them. A positive mark. She hoped to see them one day when they all become important personalities.

They would sit and tell the tales of how they passed through a therapy home with their therapist Ms Carter. How they were put into a dangerous situation where silence was the ultimate rule. She had learnt something; sometimes you have to seal your lips.

In a way, they were her heroes whether dead or alive. She ignited the engine of her small car and sped off.

This is the final chapter yay! If you have any questions, be free to ask and I will give you a humble reply. Thanks for reading till the end of the chapter, I'm really grateful.