Chapter 12: Smart enough

"Why do you need the keys?" Ms Carter laughed dryly. She wasn't supposed to laugh but she did.

Gail was staring at Ms Carter.

"I need the keys because I need the keys. Now let me have the keys. I believe it's with one of you." He was referring to double trouble.

"Where's your partner in crime?" Nicole smiled trying to change the the subject of discussion.

"He's chilling... Stop playing smart and give me the keys." He was getting annoyed. His fist hit a table furiously to showcase his anger.

"I'm not with the keys." Gail replied.

"Neither am I."

Justin smiled at them. "A little bit of torture will bring out the keys I assume."

Ms Carter was exhausted. Her hands ached. They were becoming sore already.

They heard footsteps. Everyone knew it was the man including Justin. The footsteps stopped and nothing was heard again.

"Torturing doesn't scare me." Ms Carter said weakly.

Justin laughed holding his chest. "It doesn't scare Ms therapist but it would surely scare hell outta her patients. Just watch me torture them."

"Who's first?... Let me start from him. He's a guy."

Emmanuel looked scared hearing they would begin with him.

"See! I'm right. He's fucking scared." Justin laughed again and walked out of the room after announcing he would be back.

"We need to do something." Krymson cried.

"We can't loose one another. We're all tied." Ms Carter was struggling with her hands to see if luck would smile on her.

"Why is this happening to us?" Krymson asked no one in particular.

"This is happening because we have one asshole and one psycho in here." Nicole cursed under her breath.

Justin stormed inside just as Nicole finished speaking.

"Who did you call an asshole or psycho?" He asked holding an old broken pipe in his hand.

Nicole kept shut.

"I see you only have guts in my absence. I thought you were brave but I can see I'm wrong. You're a coward." He spoke with a nice voice like he was relating with his mother.

"You are the coward!" Nicole snapped furiously. "You are a retarded asshole. Quote me anywhere."

He smiled and hit Nicole's jaw with the pipe in his hand. He was hitting her harder when Gail begged him to stop.

"Please, don't harm her. I can tell you where you can find the bunch of keys." Gail pleaded.

He stopped hitting Nicole who was slightly bleeding and turned to face the other twin. He was interested in what Gail had to say.

"Good girl. Now tell me where it is. I promise not to hurt you." He dropped the pipe and sat on a table.

"Can you untie me?" She requested. "I'd lead you to where I hid it."

Justin rolled his eyes. "I must admit you are very smart but no. No, I will not untie you. I'm not stupid. I would ask again for the keys and trust me, if you say anything stupid, I'd be forced to do something nasty."

"Where did you keep the bunch of keys?"

"It's with me." Krymson responded. "I have it with me." She looked at Gail and Nicole and then Ms Carter and Emmanuel. They didn't know what to say to her.