Chapter 10: You can't hide for too long

The third floor was really silent. They must be hiding somewhere on the first floor. He was very sure of that. They wouldn't have made their way in the dark. They were never used to the darkness like he was.

Ms Carter took off her shoes. She was on the third floor moving aimlessly. She opened a door and entered inside. She switched on the lights and sat on the bed. They could see her clearly. Krymson crawled out of her hiding place and stood in front of Ms Carter pressing her index finger to her lips(be quiet). Ms Carter had opened her mouth to scream when Gail stuffed a paper into her mouth to subdue the scream. Emmanuel switched off the lights.

Ms Carter was shocked to see her patients. She hugged them passionately like the way a mother would hug her child who she hasn't seen for years. More like a prodigal son. Together they hid in a closet.

Gail briefed her one the rules as quietly as she could. "First, don't make a sound. Second, don't turn on the lights of the room where you are hiding and lastly, apply your sense when in an horrifying situation." Ms Carter nodded. She was proud of her patients and she would never stop being proud of them.

The man returned to the second floor. He was becoming frustrated. Determined, he would bring them out from their hiding places.

Steven could hear footsteps again. He was back.
He was opening all the doors on the second floor and switching on the lights. Where were they?
He finally opened the door he hadn't open since he had been on the second floor. The room containing team A.

Swinging the door open with full force made the teenagers shake like leaves blown by the wind. He switched on the lights.

"Run!" Steven shouted as they ran towards the door. Caroline wasn't too fast as the others. She was caught. True to himself, he was indeed brutal. He lifted his axe and and chopped off her left hand. Different thoughts ran through her head as she cried in pain. He dragged her by her right hand. She was feeling dead already.

Team A split further as they ran into different directions. Everyone appeared to be on his or her own. No team whatsoever again.

Ruby went to the fourth floor. Her legs just keep running like she was in the Olympics determined to win the gold medal. She didn't stop until she got to the fourth floor. She hid behind one of the pillars. She made her way to the third floor with the help of Steven and to the fourth floor all by herself.

Nicole was on the first floor. She was alone. Steven was gone.
She could feel her heart beating in her chest. Hoping he would go to the third or fourth floor, she leaned against the wall they had hidden behind altogether at first when they were at the first floor.

Justin and Steven found themselves together on the third floor. Together, they ran into a room and hid. If only he knew where the others hid or they had a a means connection or communication, it would have been a little bit easier to get out of the mansion. He thought of Nicole who he had separated from. He felt sad.

Nicole could hear footsteps coming down the spiral staircase again. She thought of what to do. If she didn't think fast, she would be his next victim. Something she didn't want to happen. He was approaching where she hid. She was relieved when she saw him turn back and climb the spiral staircase.

Gail, Krymson, Emmanuel and Ms Carter were still silent in the closet. "I hope that motherfucker rots in jail." Ms Carter whispered to the others.

"Ma'am curse words are not allowed." Krymson said. This made Ms Carter smile. She smiled sadly.

They heard footsteps again. Wasn't he tired of moving about?
Doors were opened. They stopped all forms of noise.

Justin was scared. The Justin who once laughed at others for being scared was now in the same shoes with them. This was how it felt to be scared.

A loud music broke the silence causing everyone to develop sweaty palms.
You can't hide for too long 'cos
I will get you through my song.
No matter where you hide,
I still have you on my mind...

Ruby could hear the lyrics perfectly from the floor where she was hiding. From a neglected past to a killer present. She hugged the pillar tightly as the thought of committing suicide sneaked into her head. A tear slid down her face. It was better than being tortured by a beast.

Things are easier said than done or easier imagined than done.

Nicole looked at door and sneaked out of her hiding place. She was trying to see if there was anyway she could open the door. She pulled the entrance door with the strength she could gather. The wooden door stood firm unwilling to move.

"Fuck!" She cursed under her breath. He was coming again. She ran to her hiding spot and kept shut. He looked towards the door and around the parlour area. No one was there. With his axe, he made his way upstairs again. He was probably tired of searching the first floor fruitlessly.

Ms Carter was planning on how to beat the ruthless and brutal murderer at his game. All he needed might just be a little distraction before they could escape. Her plan was to get someone distract him and get the keys while the others ran to the entrance door. She figured out someone was at the risk of loosing his or her life. Was there any other plan?

The music kept playing loudly defiling the silence. The man smiled he had gotten another prey.

Ruby walked up to the man who stood on the fourth floor with his bloody axe by his side. All hope was gone.

"Just kill me! Just kill me!! I'm not scared anymore. I have spent six years of pain and rejection. Nobody wants me. I am lonely and I wanna die. Please kill me." The man stood watching her move around fearlessly begging him to kill her.
He moved closely to her. Surprisingly she didn't attempt to escape. She just kept repeating the words, kill me...

His axe went up, she didn't move. It finally came down on her neck. She fell to the ground bleeding severely. Ruby was proud of herself. At the face of death, she was brave. She was still bleeding as she thought of her parents. They had silenced her for life and her uncle would go unpunished for the crime he committed. The happiness she felt was more than the pain. She was leaving. She smiled as she finally shut her eyes to the universe waiting to be gripped by the claws of death.

Seven more to go. The man smiled as he paraded through the second floor searching for his next prey.

Steven had been with Caroline's phone. His mom hadn't given him any feedback on how she had called the cops. They were trapped in a mansion and there was no way out except if the cops intervened or if they could get rid of the son of a bitch threatening their lives.

Gail had be praying for her sister. Her mind was broken whenever the thought of seeing her sister dead flashed through her head. "Oh Lord, please keep my sister safe. That bastard mustn't see her."

Krymson cheered Gail up a little by saying Amen. "She would be fine." She whispered.

They held each other's hands as a means of encouraging themselves.
Ms Carter was feeling sympathetic for double trouble who sometimes gave her unnecessary headache.

Thanks for reading. Don't forget to comment and vote. Love ya all.😘