Chapter 4: Therapy

The patients were all awake by 7am. It was time to start getting familiar with their new home.
Mr Webb who had been to the mansion before them showed them the way to the bathroom on the first where they slept.

"Strictly turn by turn." He warned.

Ms Carter and Mr Webb made use of a different bathroom. She was going through a book while she waited for them to settle for the day's therapy session.

Mr Webb purchased their breakfast from the cafeteria he had to told them about earlier on. After breakfast was therapy session.
They sat in a circle with Ms Carter at the center.

"I am glad to say I can see massive improvement in each and every individual here. It's been a long journey but...we are getting there. You would soon be fit for the society and the country as a whole." She began. In her hands was a pad for writing down necessary information.

"What doesn't she know about us?" Gail whispered to Nicole.

"I don't..."

"Ms Sage and Ms Sage, I'd love you to be quiet for the session."
She continued. "So I am going ask you some questions and I want sincerity. That's the only way we can help you out here."

"Caroline I would start with you first." Caroline nodded in agreement. All eyes fell on her.

"Your dad, how did you feel when you stabbed him?" She asked.

"I felt happy and satisfied that one asshole was gone."

"How have you seen the therapy so far? Is there any improvement so far?"

"Well yes, there is."

"How?"

"I feel like myself and I have forgotten about the past. All I have in mind is my mom."

"Good! Caroline that's wonderful." Ms Carter smiled. She was delighted.

"The next is Emmanuel."

"Emmanuel, how do you feel now?"

Emmanuel folded his sleeves roughly and adjusted his glasses before responding. "I'm alright now."

"You are a very bright student, would you love to go back to school when you leave here?"

"Yes, if there's an opportunity."

Ms Carter paused. She felt an inner pity for him. The pity she had in her heart each time she saw an individual with potentials wallowing in a therapy home for one emotional abuse or the other. Something stimulated her to release little tears but no. She was a therapist and she had to comport herself in front for her patients.

"That's good to know." She finally spoke. "The voices you heard after Clara's death, was it something you imagined all along?" That was a wrong question. He wouldn't have known since his emotions and sense of reasoning had been toiled with but she would still cherish his response.

"I could swear that it was Clara speaking to me. She came to talk with me everyday. She said she was never coming back."

"What were the things she told you?"

"That's personally personal."

Ms Carter gave him a suspicious look before asking the next question.

"Have you ever seen her again since you have been in the therapy home?"

"Yes. When I started attending therapy sessions, she came but after some months, I didn't see her again."

"Alright Emmanuel." She could understand. It was just a figment of his imagination.

Next up was Steven, Matt and Justin. They belonged to the same category and were interviewed together during most therapy sessions.