-Chapter IV-

I carry my two suitcases out onto the front porch step and set them down on the flinty cement, my mom follows me out. 

"She should be here any second." My mother tries to say reassuringly, but I know shes is anxious. 

"It'll be fine mom, your worrying more than I am." I say jokingly, even though we both know it's true. 

"You'll write?" She asks handing my one of my suitcases as a car pulled into our driveway.

"Fine." I say and grab my bag from her. I kiss her on the cheek and wave goodbye as I walk over to the car. A wrinkled woman with a green cloak, hair pulled into a tight bun got out of the car and went over to greet me. I set my bags onto the ground and shook her hand.

"Professor Mcgonagall." She says smiling at me. I already knew by just looking at her she wasn't someone to mess with

"I'm Briar Haven, nice to meet you professor." I say picking up my bags. "Where can I put these?"

"Oh no need," She says. Out of her robes she pulled out a long stick with a brown, bubbled handle and a long black neck. She waved it and her bags disappeared. I look back up at her in awe.  Is that a, wand? I think remembering what I'd read in a book.

"Your bags are safely at Hogwarts." 

I look back to my mom, I think she' crying. I run over to her and give her a warm hug. She smiles at me and wipes her tear. I look at her. "I'll be fine mom, its only in London." I try to reassure her. 

"But London, it's such a big city." 

"I'll only be in the school, It'll be ok." 

I look back to Professor Mcgonagall and she motions for me to get into the car. I walk halfway then look back at my mom. She's crying again. I wave to her and get into the passenger side of the car. The ride is awkward. I look over to the professor who is concentrating on the road I stare out the window wishing for something to do. I notice there are no other cars besides this one. Strange. I look over to Mcgonagall. My eyes drift to the speedometer. I clench my seat and start to breathe heavily. 

"everything alright?"

"Oh yeah," I say sarcastically, "It's only that you're going one hundred and ten miles per hour."  

"Don't worry dear," She laughs. "It's perfectly safe." She looks behind her and look to, curious as to what she's looking at. Nothing was different so I looked back forward. But we weren't driving through a small city any more. we were in a field. In front of us, a huge castle...