-Chapter IX-

"Better'd be..." The sorting hat yelled out into the crowd. Everyone stared in anticipation. "SLYTHERIN!" The hat yells. 

Everyone around me is clapping. I stand there awkwardly, not knowing which table to go towards. I set the hat back on the stool and Dumbledore motions for me to go over to him. He hands me a letter, "Open this when you get back to your common room." He says. I look out at everyone then back at Dumbledore. 

"Which on-" He cuts me off and gestures toward the green decorated table. I look over to the table. A certain white-blonde haired boy meets my gaze and smirks. I roll my eyes and sit at the end of the slytherin table. Dumbledore waves his hand and mountains of food appeared, scattered on the tables.

Woah... I think looking down the table at the feasting people.

 A girl sits next to me. She has dirty blonde hair that falls down her shoulders perfectly and yet, she looks exhausted, like she'd ran to get here. She grabs a plate and starts piling it with food. She looks over to me and looks me over.

"Hey, your the muggle." She said plainly and goes back to her plate. 

The muggle, just what I want to be called... 

"Actually My name is Briar." I say to her. Two boys that are sitting across from me stare at me with wide eyes. They looked like they've never seen a human before. I start to question them but they take off down the hall. I look back to the girl and look at her like, What just happened?

"Crabbe and Goyle, you never know." She says wiping her mouth with a cloth napkin. "I'm Gemma by the way, Gemma Farley, Slytherin prefect." She says showing off her badge clipped to her robes. 

"Sorry, whats a perfect?" I ask sounding like an idiot.

"It's prefect and I basically get to tell everyone what to do and I rule the slytherin house." She said in a pretty stuck up way. 

"You rule slytherin?" A girl sitting next to Gemma scoffed, "You must be very confident that you can beat Malfoy huh?" The girl crosses her arms in defiance. 

"Shut up Pansy." Gemma says to the girl and continues to eat. 

I zone out as the two continue to argue. All I do is stare at my empty plate. Draco has one heck of a reputation around here. But is it a good one? He is such a confusing person, one minute he's helpless, then threatening someone and the next he's a Slytherin god that everyone fears? What is with him?

I am taken out of my thoughts by the crowd of students leaving the great hall. I jump from my seat and caught up with Gemma. 

"Where's the common room?" I ask her. I have't been to the slytherin part of the castle yet. 

"Down in the dungeons, the new password is Pure Blood." She said and ran off to her classes. Pure blood. I repeated in my head. Whats that supposed to mean? I got the the dungeons. I looked for a door but there wasn't any, feeling like an idiot I shouted the password and nothing happened. There was a noise. It sounded as if someone was rubbing two stones together. I turned around to try and find where the noise was coming from, and I saw it. An entrance had been made. I slowly step into the magnificent room. I stepped in to see a fire crackling below a giant slytherin crest. Plush green couches surrounded a small table and tall lamps hid in the corners, giving light. I sit on a chair in the corner next to a lamp and open the letter Dumbledore gave to me.