-Chapter X-

*authors note* so sorry people for not posting in like... forever (spare me) Anyway I just went  through and edited the past chapters so its a little different, but still the same ideas and plot. I also wanted to say a HUGE thanks to everyone who took the time to read this crap. Anyways enjoy! -Rosemarie* 

*Draco Malfoy POV*

"Draco!" 

"Draco!"

"Draco!"

"What is it you want?!" I turned to the two idiots behind me. Crabbe and Goyle stopped where they were standing. The crowd of slytherins heading to potions parted around us. The two were out of breath and were struggling to get their words out. "Speak!" I said once more.

"H-Haven..." Crabbe said.

"She's looking for you." Goyle stood strait up and pointed behind himself where there was still a group of people walking. 

I groaned and continued walking towards potions. 

"Your not going to talk to her?" 

"No Crabbe, why should I?" I didn't stop walking.

"I-I.. Um..." 

I shook my head and turned into the classroom. I want to talk to her. I want her to confront me. But I can't let that get in the way of my job... I thought. I sat down in my usual desk in the second row on the edge. No other than Pansy Parkinson sat at the desk next to me. 

"Heeey Draco." She said leaning toward me.

"Don't even think about it Parkinson." I said glaring at her.

"Jeez." She said crossing her arms. "Someones in a bad mood today."

Out of the corner of my eye, for a split second I saw Briar walk into the class room, I heard her slip into the seat behind me. I smiled, but only for a moment I can't get close to her..  Snape saved my by starting the lesson.

"Turn to page three hundred and ninety four." He said in he monotone voice (I'm sorry I couldn't resist xD)

The rustling of books and parchment erupted, but soon died as the professor continued. "I will chose your partners and then you will make the potion on that page."

"But sir, whats it called? There's not a name." I looked behind me, it was Briar. 

"Miss Haven please raise your hand before speaking, that will be five points taken from Slytherin." A few people groaned but Snape continued.  "As for the potion you will brew it, and if made correctly you will know." He paused and looked around the room.

"Victor Crabbe, and Blaise Zabini please get together and start brewing."

"Pansy Parkinson and Daphne Greengrass." Pansy Groaned.

"Theodore Nott and Tracy Davis."

"Briar Haven and Draco Malfoy."  I  stood up to go to the back desks which were larger and made for brewing. I heard Briar's soft footsteps behind me. She can be so strange, one minute she fierce and moody, and the next innocent as a lamb. 

"I'll go get the ingredients." I said and went to the cupboard nearest us. But she followed me.

"Who was that girl, the one with the red hair?" She said.

"Why should I tell you?"

"Just- Who is she?"

"Ginny Wesley, an annoying little brat who fancies Potter..."

"uh... Potter?" 

You have got to be kidding me... I thought. "Merlin's beard..." I muttered. "He's this glorified fool who survived the killing curse struck on him by the dark lord, now everyone thinks he's this perfect person and they feel sorry of him 'cause his bloody parents died. But honestly they think he has a rough life? I mean all tha-"

"Ok... I get the idea, he's a not so special orphan that the world loves -got it- but who's the dark lord?" 

"honestly..."

After explaining to her we went back to our table and I'd started brewing. "Start chopping up these." I handed her a jar of eel skin and a knife.

"What is th-"

"Don't ask questions and just make it around a square inch." She gaged and set it down. After cutting one strip I started to laugh, I couldn't help myself. I covered my mouth and put my head down, but I could tell she was giving my the death stare. I finally calmed myself and started back on the potion, smiling as she cut her 'special' ingredient. 

"How come I had to get the only gross job huh? Your adding all sorts of pretty herbs and colorful... things. Why aren't you doing this?"

"Because I know how to measure out, and stir these 'colorful things' to make the potion right."

"How can you do it right when you don't even know what potion it is?"

"Honestly, it's fairly simple to figure out."

"you're talking to someone who hasn't even heard of this stuff, what is it?" She finally read the label. She dropped the knife on the table and froze her hands. Disgust slowly crept on her face.

I laughed. Hard. The whole class stared and Snape glared at me, so I shut up. 

"We don't even need this for the potion do we?" She said, she looked as if she were about to strangle me.

I shook my head smirking and trying to force the laughter away. Her hands were slimy from the ooze in the jar, visibly slimy. I regretted choosing to give her eel flesh because she took her hands and rubbed the ooze off them... in my hair. 

"Not so funny anymore is it?" She asked, now she was the one laughing. 

"Haven! Malfoy!" Snape's voice pierced the classroom. "Perhaps you need to take some time in the bathroom? And that'd be ten points from Slytherin." At this point we didn't care. We walked out and to the bathrooms. Briar went into the girls bathroom to make sure it was empty, I mean, no one goes in there because of Moaning Myrtle but she did just in case. She yelled out that It was empty and I rushed toward the nearest sink and stuck my head under the faucet. I heard her giggle as she washed of her hands and robes. I lifted my head and watched her. She was smiling. I stared at her, I didn't really know why. But I did. When she finished she looked at me and said,

"Ready to go?"

" Yeah." I said and tried my best to slick back my hair. I could still feel some of the ooze but I didn't care. She smiled at me and we walked back down the hall. 

*holy cow I just realized how big this chapter is compared to the others (sorry for the un consistency) Leave me a comment it makes me happy*