-Chapter XV-

*thanks to you all for over 706 reads and 35 votes! I want to hold a contest, whoever votes up the most chapters within the next 24hrs will get a shoutout! (so basically I'll have a crap ton of notifications tomorrow if you guys follow through) anyways thanks so much my wonderful people!*

*Draco Malfoy POV*

Madame Pomfrey listed off all of Briar's injuries. She'd broken her collar  bone, one arm, part of her neck and back, and had some internal bleeding near her stomach. She'd landed on her upper back then her arm had flung onto a small boulder from the rebound of the collision. 

"how her head and legs were spared? I have no Idea. She is very lucky to be alive." I remember her saying.   Madame Pomfrey had mended all of her bones, but thought it best to wait to heal anything else, seen as she is a muggle. She was sleeping now. I stood up from the chair and to the small table on the other side of the bed Briar was on and picked up a small vile. I was supposed to give it to her when she woke up. I stuffed it in my bag and sat back down. 

Through all of this I was furious. At Nott, for lighting the firework, at Blaise for helping, at myself because this was the person I was supposed to despise. This girl was the only one here I was being forced to steal from, to go behind her back...and yet. She's the only one I care for. 

"Just through there." I heard Madame Pomfrey say outside the curtain enclosing Briar and I. 

"Thank you Ma'am." I heard a voice say quietly. I looked up at the perfect time, to see Neville Longbottom part the curtain. 

"O-oh. I uh didn't realize... you were... I mean I wa-"

"What do you want Longbottom." I muttered, annoyed.

"I... came to visit Briar. I heard what happened. I didn't kno-"

"well she's asleep."

"R-right I'll um.."

"Neville?" A small voice said. Briar sat up slowly, groaning from the pain.

"Briar you need to-" I said trying to make her lay back down, but she dodged my hand and wrapped her arms around Neville who laughed. I looked down. 

"What happened?"  I heard him say. I glanced up and they were apart and Briar was laying back down.

"It was an accident," She laughed slightly, "My broom decided to b-"

"It wasn't an accident." I said over her. "It was Nott and Zabini who lit those fireworks and hit your broom, causing you to fa-" 

"It doesn't matter Draco!" She yelled over me, but then lowered her voice to a mutter. "You should go, Neville."

"Oh ok I'll see you later then..." She smiled at him and then turned back to me. 

"It does matter..." I muttered, grabbing the vile out of my bag and handing it to Briar. 

"What is this?" She said putting it to her nose.

"Don't smell it, it might make it harder to drink."

"whats that supposed to me?" 

"Just drink it, it'll help."

"Is this one of you tricks?"

"Have I ever tricked you Bri?" I smirked. She growled at me.

"Hm, let me think remember the eel from potions class?"

I laughed, remembering. "This isn't a trick I promise, Madame Pomfrey gave it to me to give to you for when you wake up. 

She glared at me in disbelief but then put the vial to her mouth and drank it's content. 

"Your a real idiot you know that Draco Malfoy?" She says throwing the vial at me.

"Merlin's beard," I said catching the vial in my left hand.

"Who's Merlin?" She asked, I helped her lay back down.

"Honestly..." I groan and set the vial down ready to explain.