-Chapter XII-

*humongous thank you to chailyrose for voting every one of my chapters up! (THANK YOU)*

*Draco Malfoy POV*

I walked through the secret door into the room of requirements and navigate my way to a small clearing. I pulled a sheet covering it. The vanishing cabinet... Another failed project. I don't know why the dark lord forgave me, failing to do a simple thing like this. I pound my fist on the door making a large echo through the stacks of old unused things. I heard a slight hooing(is that how you spell it? xD). It flew toward me, I held out my arm and my owl landed on it, dropping a small scroll into my other hand. I nodded him a thank you and opened the letter 

Draco,

             I hope you have made progress on your time turner investigation. I want you to keep an eye on Briar Haven, she is the one, I know you have felt it. When you get the chance you need to take it, I suspect Dumbledore, that wretched man had it at the moment she got here. Don't disappoint the dark lord.

-L.M.

I crumbled the paper and threw it as far as I could. I tried holding back my anger and clenched my fists together tightly around my wand. I exhaled and loosened my grip slightly. I needed to think this through. I can't do this. I can't do this. I can't do this... I have to do this. I slid my wand into my pocket, covered the cabinet back up and stormed out of that filthy room.

*Briar Haven POV*

My 'joy' ended quickly when I ran into Draco. He had a scowl on his faced and looked exhausted. We ran into each other, he just grunted and kept walking. 

"Hey what the heck!" I shouted at him. He didn't reply. I just picked up the books that fell out of my bag, put them in and headed to the great hall for dinner. 

I sat near the middle of the slytherin table next across from Pansy Parkinson, who was going on about how she and Draco went on a secret 'date' last night at hogsmeade. I rolled my eyes and laughed as Draco's friend Blaise Zabini commented "He'd never sneak out of Hogwarts with you unless it was to ditch you so he'd have some peace." Pansy looked mortified at the thought and stormed out of the hall. Laughter erupted in the group of us, and I felt like I belonged somewhere. 

"Hey muggle." I heard a voice behind me. It was Gemma. "you should come with us to Hogsmeade tonight, a group of us were gonna go set off fireworks on the hill."

"Yeah Briar come, It'll be cool." Blaise added on. 

"Sure," I said, trying to hold m excitement. "Who's all coming?"

"Well, us, Astoria Greengrass, Theodore Nott, Pansy," He groaned. "A couple other guys, oh and Draco." 

"Don't forget Marcus!" Gemma butted in. 

"oh right you amazing boyfriend." Blaise rolled his eyes and laughed. "I mean come on Gemma, you're with a guy who you can't kiss, because if you did you'd be making out with his teeth." I laugh a little but because it was true, Flint did have huge front teeth that stuck out. I stopped as soon as she shot me an evil glare. Blaise didn't stop laughing until Gemma punched him in the face. 

"Bloody-" Blaise said as Gemma had a new smirk on her face, she sat back down and ate what was left on her plate, as Blaise went to the hospital wing. She'd definitely broke his nose. I laughed a little and finished my food too. It feel good to have friends. I thought to myself and smiled.