-Chapter XI-

*Briar Haven POV*

We walked back into the classroom quietly since Snape was in the middle of talking. 

"We'll start with you two then, since you had time to joke around you must've gotten the potion done perfectly?" 

Draco answers. "Yes sir, this is Amortentia, also know as the love potion. To each person it smells differently, depending on what they are attracted to. For example I smell," He put his nose to the vial I'd poured it in. "Lavender and... hazel berries." 

"Very good Draco." Snape said. "Five points to Slytherin." He looked proud of himself and we both sat down. 

"What do you smell?" He whispered and handed me the bottle. I took it and put it up to my nose. 

"Its... rain, and, um.." I couldn't say it. I couldn't tell what it smelled like. It was nice, comforting but strong. "I can't tell." I looked down as Snape finished talking.

"Class dismissed." I heard Snape say. There was a rustling of books and clanging of viles as everyone hustled to put their things away. I somehow escaped the chaos. and started heading to my next class. 

Next I had Herpetology with Gryffindors since the Slytherins had something called divination, which required a wand. Or, 'real magic' as Malfoy had put it. He's so irritating. One minute he acts like your friend, the next he goes pretending we hate each other. I get to the green house, its raining and I forgot my jumper so I try to stand the cold. When I get inside I guess I'm visibly shivering because a boy named Neville offers me his. I gladly take it and introduce myself.

"Your the new girl! Do you want help, since its your first day? You might not know a whole lot..." I could tell he was trying to put it the nicest way possible, and that made me smile.

"Sure, thanks." He smiled back at me. 

A squat little witch came in, she wore a patched hat over her flyaway hair and there was  a large amount of earth on her clothes and her fingernails. "Greetings everyone sorry I'm late." She said setting a case on the long table we were all standing around. "Today we have Miss Haven joining us, so we will be re-potting mandrakes I also think some people need some more practice." She eyed a boy I found out was named Seamus Finnigan. 

"Hey I only set it on fire once... Twice... Ok a few times!" I giggled as Professor Sprout passed out pots and earmuffs. 

"Here," Neville said putting my earmuffs on gently, "They like to scream."

"Wha-" But I stopped and pressed my hands to the muffs. A muffled scream erupted as the professor pulled the top of a plant out of a small pot. It was a dirty grey-brown color with an ugly, screwed up face that was blaring. She quickly set it into the bigger pot on her left and packed the soil in. 

"See?" I heard Neville's muffled voice.

I nod slightly, still in shock.

Class ended, I walked down the path to the castle with Neville. When we got to the doors of the castle I handed his sweater back to him but he shook his head.

"Keep it, you never know when you'll forget yours."

I blushed, and draped it over my arm. He was so caring, but yet he had this aura of power around him, I don't even think he knows either. 

"uh, Neville?" I said.

"Yeah? he asked looking back at me.

"Thanks, for everything." He smiled at me and I smiled back. The entire rest of the day I felt a little bounce of joy in my step. 

*whatcha think? Didn't expect that did ya! MWAHAHAHA ok I'll stop now 

leave a comment it makes me happy*