-Chapter V-

*Two days later*  

I walked into the hospital wing, the only place they had extra beds (besides the house common rooms) until they brought up the sorting hat. It was in storage since I came in the middle of the year. There wasn't much to do except wonder the halls and watch others go to classes. I didn't take classes yet, because I wasn't sorted. I heard Madam Pomfrey come in and tell me that it was curfew. I nodded my head thanks and pulled the curtain hanging from the wall around my bed to create a small room. I got my night clothes on and pulled my hair up, then collapsed into my bed, sleep consumed me.

I woke up to screaming. I could make out fear, and pain. It was excruciating to hear. I drew back my curtains and say a boy on a bed across the room. His back was bare and he was laying on his side, clenching his stomach. I stood up, my heart pounding. Where's Madam Pomfrey? What do I do, What did he do? His screaming dies down, but is still heard. His cries for help slowly die down to moans and I walk over to him. I'm scared, I don't know what happened to him, I don't know how to help him. I take a deep breath in and gently touch his shoulder.

"A-Are you ok?" I manage to get out. "Where's M-Madam Pomfrey?" 

He winces. "No I'm completely fine can't you tell?" He says sarcastically, wincing in the processes. "and no, I don't have any idea where the bloody nurse is." He moans and asks me to hand him some sort of medicine bottle.It was decorated with red and white splotches. I grab it from the table next to him and go over to the other side of the bed where he is facing. I gasp as I see why he's clutching his stomach. Blood. It has soaked the entire side of the bed. It's all coming from where his hand is on his stomach. He looks down and moves his hand from the would. His hand was soaked too. I looked over to sit on the chair beside his bed, but there was a now crimson shirt laying there. I feel like throwing up. I'd never seen  The boy winces as he rolls over onto his back so that the wound is exposed. 

"Splash about two drops of that onto it." He says trying to swallow the pain.

"Me? why don't I just get Mada-"

"There's no time just do it." He interrupts. I look at his grey eyes. They looked like they were once beautiful, but now were clouded by suffering and pain. I swallow what feels like a ball of lead and pour one drop of the liquid in the bottle on his open flesh. He screams on contact of the drop and clenches himself into a ball. I can tell he's trying to hide the pain. 

I feel like I'm going to cry. Here I am with a boy I've never met, his blood all over my by now, and he's screaming. I don't know what to do so I wait for him. I don't try to stop him from screaming because I know it doesn't help, from past experience. I try to act smart, but I have no Idea what I'm doing. Once the pain is gone he rolls back onto his back. Beads of sweat fall down his face and chest and onto the sheets of the bed, mixing with the blood. 

"Another." He whispers hoarsely, barely able to breath. 

"W-what!" I say to him. "You want to be in pain?" 

"No, but it helps, now just do it." 

I slowly drop another onto his open flesh. He doesn't quite scream this time but he yells... a lot. He finally stops and he wipes off his sweat. I see the skin slowly creeping We both breathe heavily and I just stare at him. He stares at me. 

"I'm Briar Haven." I manage to get out. I wipe the sweat from my own face.

" Draco Malfoy." He says. "Thanks..." 

*Authors note: thank you guys sooooo much for reading! If this story gets 10 votes up I will post a special chapter, and when I get 10 followers I will do something special (not quite sure yet)  anyways, thanks! -Rosemarie*