-Chapter II-

*hello my wonderful people this is chapter 2... unfortunately a while ago I accidentally made the original private, and once made private you cant undo it sooo ha ha forgive me. Thanks*

I wake up in the nurses office on a hard mattress. The room smells of anesthetic, I sit up and lean my head up against the wall. I feel dizzy so I close my eyes. My left arm is heavy, like someone had stuffed it with rocks. I open my eyes and feel a wrist brace wrapped tightly around my thumb, all the way down my forearm. I rip off the brace and hold onto my wrist, bending it back and forth, but wincing in pain. I decide it would be best if I put it back on, so I did. The room is dimly lit and I can hear muffled voices outside a closed door. I slowly get up, weakly, and open the door to see Nurse McKinley and Principal Fagin talking about me.

They both look over to me. "What happened." I groan and balance myself by leaning on a wall. Miss. McKinley Holds my un-braced arm to help lower me into a chair.

"You need to sit." she says, "You've been through a lot."

"But I need to know what happened, the book, the light, the moving pictures... w- what does it all mean." I say hoping that they would know I was talking about.

"Um, Briar what do you mean?" Principal Fagin asked me. He looked over the the nurse, "Was she hallucinating?" He whispers to her.

"No I wasn't! I- I opened the book and, the pictures were moving and all the books started flying toward me, look the bruises!" I say looking down at my arms. But there was nothing there. Her skin was perfectly healed, the only think wrong was her wrist. "They, they were there! I'm not making this up!" I yell trying to convince them but the principle talks over me.

"Briar, listen! you were dehydrated and fell over into a bookcase! That's how you hurt your wrist and as for losing your balance that was from you not drinking enough water. You were, ARE hallucinating Briar."

"No I wasn't I know what I saw!" He starts to tell me off some more but Miss. McKinley stopped him.

"Alright Briar." She said in a calm voice. "How about I'll just call your mother and she will come pick you up. I nod slightly and she hands me my water bottle from my backpack on the floor next to me. As I go to put it back I notice something. It was catching the reflection from the window above me. I picked up the small object, it was an hour glass with brass rings spiraling all around it. I gasped then clutched my bag tightly to my chest.

"Something wrong dear?" Miss.McKinley asked me.

"N-nothing..." I said and threw the bag over my arm.