Prologue

A young girl stares outside her window,the pitter patter of the rain echoing against it.To the girl, the view of Mount Ebbot seemed ten times more beautiful when rain poured down from the smoke gray sky,though none of the other children in the orphanage thought so. "I don't see anything!" They would say.or, "Its just a mountain!"She didn't care what they would say though.The mountain was her only friend.It was her opinion,and,unlike her dignity,it was something she could keep.

"What are you staring at,wierdo?"One of the older children jeered. It was the 12 year old egocentric bully.Great.it didn't matter much though.Most of the kids there weren't there for long.usually,it'd be a few months before they were adopted,except for her that is.

She said nothing,not wanting to say anything that would make him angry,or,even worse,get her a beating."Hey! Look at me when I'm talking to you brat!" He grabbed her by the collar of her ragged sweater and glared her right in the eye. "Do you think your better than us just because you were born an orphan,and you didn't have to remember your parents abandoning you?!" She quickly averted her eyes and winced in fear,her heart beating quickly in her chest.

"Put her down, Damian." The madame ordered emotionlessly from behind her desk,not looking up from her newspaper."You know Chara's not better than anyone else,so there's no need to interrogate her."Damian scoffed."Yes ma'am..." Chara sighed with relief as Damian let go of her sweater.He turned around to walk away,but stopped,and turned around to glare her straight in the eye once again.

"Y'know,if you like staring at that mountain so much," he whispered "you should go there where you belong."He then walked off to his friends,supposedly to spread more negative gossip about her like everyone else did.

After a moment,when she was sure he was gone,she sighed and looked down at the ground.This was the constant struggle she had to face day to day. But it was fine.
She was fine.She just had to keep smiling everyday and she would be fine...right?

A year later,Chara was reported "dead,"after disappearing to Mount Ebbot for more than a week.

AN:hey everyone! I'm so excited that I'm finally starting this story! However,im only writing the prologue today,even though I said I'd update twice every other day *nervous laughing*
Anywhozys,I hope you all enjoy!